Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Libbers21 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2008, 10:48 AM
    How do you get rid of the fear?
    I have been with my fiancé for 6 yrs we, been engaged for 5 out of the 6 yrs and we have a 4 yr old daughter together and are planning on having another child with in the next year. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I also know that I want the huge beautiful wedding that every girl dreams of having and he is willign to give me that BUT I hate being stared at, don't get me wrong like out in public I don't have a problem but when there is 400 people who's eyes never leave me, that FREAKS ME OUT! :o I have planned our wedding like 4 different times but I just can't seem to go through with it, and I won't settle with the small back yard wedding... he understands , but he's also really wishing that I would get over it and just do it but I cant. I get all excited, and really get into planning and everything but then it hits me OMG THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE STARING AT ME! How do you get over it? Any advice?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
    I have to ask: Why do you want a huge wedding if large numbers of people make you nervous?

My wedding had 85 guests... but even if there were 400, the only person you see that day is your groom, I promise. :)
    You just have to stop thinking about the negatives and focus on the purpose of the day. Coming together as husband and wife... reciting vows to one another... you got to love it!

If a lavish affair is what you're after, just have it with fewer people. Once you get too large, you can't see everyone and have quality time with your guests anyway! A small wedding doesn't have to be in a backyard. Invite family and close friends... once you get into 400+ I have to wonder if you're parents coworkers are in the crowd!! Maybe I'm biased, but our family wedding was just perfect... we had plenty of time to ourselves and time to spend with each guest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIV fear [ 27 Answers ]

I went the other day to get tested for any STD's, I am so scared of catching HIV. They say I will get the result in 2 weeks... how is someone meant to do or think of anything else when this is on their mind... I can't stop thinking about it, I'm so stressed with this. Ive foolishly had unprotected...

I have to get rid of this fear. [ 12 Answers ]

I had a crazy experience a little while ago. See, I am deathly afraid of bee's/wasps. They are my biggest fear and when I am around them I look like an idiot because I flip out pretty bad. I panic. Well, on my drive home from my lunch break I was jamming to a song and I felt something fly into...

My fear [ 10 Answers ]

I'm going around with a guy... and we love each other a lot... wenever I'm with him... I feel as I'm in heaven... he cares a lot... and so do I... and we are very much attached to each other now... but sometimes... I have this feeling that whether we will have a happy ending or not?? because my...

Still fear him [ 2 Answers ]

When I was a child 8 to 13 I was getind raped by my aunts boyfriend.Now I fear everyman.even my husband. He took what meant the most to me. I'm scared to go out I'm scared to be alone. My mom never did put him in jail and I see him allmost everyday of my life and all I know to do is cry and I...

I have fear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There,I Love One Sister From Our Church,but The Time I Want To Propose Her, Fear Comes Along And I Will Start Talking About Godly Things.when We Part I Will Be Frusrated And Blaming Myself.while Im Alone I Will Think On How To Say I Love You,but When We Meet Fear Comes Again.what And How Should...

View more questions Search