Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eitsim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Still best friends?
    I am not sure if I am even in the right subject for this, but...
    The thing is my best friend is just really weird lately. I know that she is going through a lot of problems (physically and emotionally), but its like she's dragging everyone down with her. And since I'm her best friend and all, its like the worst for me. We tell each other everything and now its like I don't want to let her know anything because she suddenly has the habit of gossiping and making things worst(adding more to the gossip). Sometimes when she gossip about others (and I was there), I think she enjoys their sad face in knowing much worst then the truth. I try to tell them things like "ohh its not so bad" or "it might be a miss understanding" she would snap at me and say things like "you dont know or you werent there". When I try to tell her what's on my mind about her new bad habits she just get really upset. The other day we were out to eat lunch and she said we should do something after lunch and I said I saw cute dress online so maybe we should go to the mall and see it (I know some thing's wrong just the look on her face, but I wasn't thinking that much) and we went to the mall and she just friken left me at the mall and drove off. Luckily I saw some friend there and they gave me a ride home. AND today I found out that she told one of my friends that I don't want to go (to this place) this weekend knowing that I was going to ask him and his girlfriend if they wanted to join us. I am getting tired of always being the to comfort her and always being the one to patch things up first. All the other times were not so bad but lately its like she's a different person and I don't know if she realize she's hurting people around her. She is still my best friend no matter what, but I just don't know what to do anymore, I am just tired of all her lies, just tired of it all. I just want her to know what she's doing is wrong but I don't know what to say to make her understand. I really do need help... :(
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Jun 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Just my opinion, maybe you should start spending time away from her. Does not sound like she is a good friend to you. Maybe if you just avoid her and start doing things with others it would make her think. If she as you what's up just tell her, you have been hurt by her enough and you don't like the new her. Sounds like when she talks about others it makes her feel better. I guarantee if she is gossiping about others to you then she is probably talking about you to. People change in life and it is up to you to decide if the person they have become is a person you want in your life, sometimes the answer is not easy. Good luck hope this helps and remember just my opinion
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I agree, you might want to start to distance yourself from her. Sometimes friends just grow apart, and it's fairly common. I couldn't tell you how many people I still talk to that I went to high school with. It's a very small number though, I just grew apart. Start mingling and making new friends

Jun 3, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Should I distance myself from her? I know what you mean, it might be good to distance myself form her but... I don't know what to do.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eitsim
    Should i distance myself from her? i know what you mean, it might be good to distance myself form her but...i dont know what to do.
    Misery loves company!
    I'd say yes, time to distance yourself from all the drama and negativity.
    Your views in life are different and more mature.
    Some people are so unhappy with themselves that they exaggerate and instigate everything in hopes to make other people feel miserable too.
    Instead of working on more productive ways to feel better, they just bring others down to their level.
    I personally would be upset that she drove off and left me at the mall.
    That is totally disrespectful and not appropriate behavior at all.
    Sounds like she disregards other peoples feelings all together.

Jun 4, 2008, 08:55 AM
    I think I will distance myself from her, best friend or not she is not a healthy part in my life and think I should know better now... you are all right about this. She is such a horrible person... its OK I have other friends, already this moring she has made my day bad. I can't believe this but its OK... now I know who I can be trust to be friends and not to be friends wth (from my group of friends)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Ex is seeing a lot of one of my best friends. Think I'm losing friends everywhere [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, not to bore anyone with details, but my ex and I broke up a couple of months ago, and I've found it excruciating to deal with my feelings. I have good and bad days, and a couple of days ago would have been our 2 year anniversary. I've noticed that one of my best friends is getting very close...

View more questions Search