Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Kitten eyes
    I just got my 7 week old kitten last week. When I first got her, I noticed that her eye was a little watery. Now, she has some gooey stuff coming out of it, and it is opening/closing differently than the other one. What should I do? I don't have the money to take her to the vet.
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Jun 3, 2008, 06:39 PM
    I am not a vet but we usually have a kitten or two every litter that has an eye that gets like that. I get the kitten up and wrap it in a little hand towel, with just its head sticking out, this keeps you from getting scratched since they do not know any better. Then get cotton balls and warm water wipe the eyes with this they will close their eyes and that is OK just use the cotton balls and warm water and wipe over their eyes and around them. Do this about two or three times a day, using two or three cotton balls each time. Never use the same cotton ball on both eyes, you don't want to infect the eyes more, be sure to wash your hands before and after. I can usually see that their eyes are getting better in about two days just continue this until all better. If you can not see a difference in about two days you may just call a vet and ask them for advice. I would try this first to save you the bill. It has always worked on our kittens. Hope this helps and please remember this is just what I would do and it is just my opinion.
    MEDIstaff4u Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:33 AM
    You can clean the eye with a soft damp cloth and try to keep it clean for a few days. See if it heals up that way, or you can get some eye drops for cheap from a vet or prob a general store (Wal-mart). Eye drops are really cheap, you could go online and see what ingredients are in the animal type, look for similar products at Wal-mart made for humans.
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Thanks a lot for your all's help. I ended up having to take her to the vet. Because it just kept getting worse. They said she was highly infected and her fever was raging. I got some medication for her. Thanks for your help, and I really appreciated it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten eyes [ 4 Answers ]

My kittens are now 25 days old and one of them has puss all around its eye. I have tried cleaning it but it comes back. Help me please.

Kitten with blue eyes and red pupils. [ 1 Answers ]

My kitten is cream and gray and has deep blue eyes with red pupils. Should I worry?

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

My kitten has white eyes [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! My two week old white kitty just opened her sweet little eyes, and they are paper white... what's that mean? She also seems to have a case of conjunctivitis which was hiding really well till her eyes opened up. :( Her daddy is a deaf albino, and two of her litter mates died of birth...

My kitten was covered in ants evan in her eyes now she's blind and dying [ 2 Answers ]

i found my kitten in my sisters room and it was compleatly coverd in ants evan in her eyes and mouth...i got them all of but now she is blind and she is dying..but i dont know what to do....i tried feeding her...and it did give her some energy....but not much...what should i do?

View more questions Search