Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 08:30 AM
    How To Avoid Dust When Sanding Wall Board Joints After Spackleing?
    I have repaired some wallboard joints and paint peeled areas with wallboard compound and now want to sand these areas smooth. I would like to know if it is possible to do this dust free after the wallboard compound has dried?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 08:35 AM
    If you have used a good sized knife to lay down your joint compound you should be able to do a small scraping action to remove the bumps and then wipe several times with a well dampened sponge. I almost never sand joint compound. Wipe back and forth with the sponge and only slight pressure. This kind of melts the surface of the compound and lets you redistribute some compoind to make a great blending of the surfaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green board sheet rock VS cement board for show wall backing [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if the green sheet rock will do just as well as cement board for installing in a show that I'm planning on tiling?

Roof/wall joints [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true a flashing kickout at the bottom edge of the roof/wall joint is used to help keep water from getting behind the stucco or siding.

What insulation do you put between the cement board and the masonary wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new bathroom where the tub is on an exterior wall. The wall is masonary and I will be using cement board. However, what do I use between the cement board and the masonary wall. Also, is it o.k to use regular drywall in the other walls in the bathroom, or should I use a special...

Taping cement board joints [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of compound to use on cement board?I've checked the USG FAQ site and they recommend 'glass tape for the joints, I see no mention of compound, other than to say that joint compound is not acceptable because cb is generally used in damp areas and the joint compound won't...

Alternative to sanding drywall joints? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm gettin' pressured to put up another wall in my basement, and my wife says she saw on diynetwork (TV show) a guy showing that you can mud the seams as you normally would, then let it dry only 1-2 hours then come back with a wet blade and skim them... instead of sanding them: No sanding...

View more questions Search