Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steven frank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Rights back
    I am a convicted felon in the state of Texas my parole was over can I get my records sealed and my rights back
    steven frank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 07:17 PM
    I was on parole and I am not now how do I get my rights back
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Normally they want you to have went 9 or 10 years from either the date of the crime or the date you come off parole, to explunge your record ( seal) so check with an attorney in the area where you did the crime and see what the local judges require, remember some judges will not explunge a record. After that they will want to see you have not committed more crimes and have a good work history and perhaps added education. Now also remember that explunged records are still visible to police, and national security background searches.

Getting your rights back is yet another trip to court normaly.

So you will need to start with a good attorney.
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2008, 07:23 PM
    I do not believe so in most states felonies are forever. They are visible to law enforcment no matter. The only way I can see them being sealed is if you are a minor. Now your rights you may be able to get your right to vote back but I think that is all, if you can even get it back. I hate this for you but usually once you are convicted of a felony it is permanently on your record and unless you were a minor when convicted then I do not believe it can be sealed. Hope this helps and please keep in mind I am not a lawyer it is just my opinion and some knowledge of the law. My husband is a police officer, so I know a little about things.
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Like FR-chuck said you will have to check with local attorneys they will know what judges require. The court systems were I live usually just will not do this, but we also do not have parole, you serve most of your sentence and get good time. I hope you do not let this get you down you can still change your life for the good and make something out of it even with a felony. Yes it is harder but there are people who do it all the time become a achievement story. Best of wishes to you and good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my boyfriend can his parental rights back? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend went to the army with his girlfriend and he signed all his rights to her & she signed all her rights to her parents. He had to get out because he was injured, she stayed in & they broke up now the grandparents won't let him see her. We live in Ny & all he wants is to be able to get...

Regaing prental rights back how [ 1 Answers ]

How do we regain our prental rights backafter 6 years? Joann:p

Can my ex get his parental rights back after he's already given them up? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has decided to give up his paternal rights to our 2 yr old son, and wants to get it done as soon as possible, my fiancé wants to adopt him when we get married but since he's in the Navy on deployment it may be a while before this happens, I want to know if, once my ex does sign over his...

How to give a aprent back rights [ 5 Answers ]

How do you give a parent back there parental rights. After the divorce is done and the non custodial parent wants back custody how to file that motion.

I'm a father how would I go about getting my rights back [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has two girls and does not have parental rights and niether does there mother they were awarded to the state how would I go about getting his parental rights back and get his two children back from the state of virginia he did not do anything wrong and the reason for losing his parental...

View more questions Search