Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Very very dry skin
    I have tried a lot of different things on my skin but I still have very dry skin.I do not know what to do:rolleyes:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 26, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Well, have you tried. Eucerin lotion works great for me.
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa36
    I have tried a lot of different things on my skin but I still have very dry skin.I do not know what to do:rolleyes:
    I actually just answered a question about microdermabrasion systems, so this is almost a cross-post, but it is helpful for your question. Sorry it's so late, but any help is good, right? :)

I recommend Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. It is about $30, but SO worth it, and each box is supposed to last for about 8 weeks. I have had so many problems with my skin and could never keep it from getting dry, no matter what kind of facial cleanser/acne system I used and no matter how much I moisturized. I also had problems with having bigger pores as well as redness in my cheeks. I have used this system for about a week and my skin is honestly at least 10 times better. There's much less redness, no blackheads, and no dry skin. The regimen I use differs a bit from the package, but it's working flawlessly for me, so it might help you too. You'll need a new electric toothbrush, toner, cotton balls, and a good moisturizer. For the toothbrush, I recommend the Crest SpinBrush Pro-Clean with extra soft bristles - it's only about $7 at any drugstore. Make sure the toner is alcohol-free or it will dry your skin out. I use the L'Oreal stuff.. not sure of the name but it's pink.

One day a week:
    1. Wash face with mild, unscented soap and water that's as hot as you can stand. Dove is a good soap for this, and the hot water will help open pores. This will aid in cleansing.
    2. Gently pat your face dry with a towel.
    3. Apply Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Scrub evenly all over your face.
    4. Wet the toothbrush with warm water, turn it on, and use it to scrub your face GENTLY. Do this in a circular motion, and don't push too hard. Pay special attention to the nose area, where a lot of blackheads can build up. Do it for however long you feel you need to until you're finished.
    5. Wash your face with cool water and pat dry.
    6. Take a cotton ball and apply toner all over your face. Again, the kind that you use is up to you, but make sure it's alcohol-free.
    7. Moisturize! I personally use Curel Continuous Comfort Moisturizing Lotion (unscented). Neutrogena Norweigan Formula also works well, but you can use whatever kind of moisturizer you prefer. It's even better if it has sunblock in it.

Your face might be a bit red afterwards, but don't worry. It only lasted about a minute for me. It's because of the toothbrush stimulating bloodflow (which is a good thing - it means healthier skin!).

On another day of the week (try skipping a day in between at first), use the microdermabrasion scrub and chemical peel as directed on the box. Two times a week (using the method above and the directions on the package one time each) should be okay if your skin is sensitive/dry. If you noticed that it's aggravating your skin, take it down to once a week. If you need more, try three times a week. Customize it to whatever you're comfortable with.
    I hope this helps you. It worked WONDERS for me! This is the only product that has kept my skin hydrated and looking great. To me, it's extremely worth the $30 price tag. I can't imagine that I will use anything else any time soon. Another perk is that each cleansing only takes about 5 minutes to do, so it's easy to do in the morning before work, school, etc.

Here's a few other tips for keeping your skin hydrated:
    1. Drink those 8-10 8oz. Glasses of water a day! It really does help, and it helps flush toxins and other "bad stuff" out of your system. Keep a bigger bottle of water with you (16-24 or more ounces). It will help you because you'll just drink it instead of thinking about how many more glasses you have to drink or how 8-10 glasses seems like a lot.
    2. Use an oil-free makeup. I highly recommend BareMinerals products. It's the only type of makeup that doesn't dry my skin out. Plus, it's actually GOOD for your skin and you can even sleep in it without worries of clogging pores. It is expensive, but you don't need to use much at all. I've had my kit since December and I'm just about out of the Mineral Veil, but that's the only thing I have to reorder right now.
    3. Moisturizer is so important, but make sure you get something that won't clog your pores (look out for "non-comedogenic" - they won't clog pores).
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Jul 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Try Udder cream! My mother inlaw has very dry skin and she swears by the stuff. You can get it at most feed stores.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Shea butter is also good for very dry skin.
    Rudolf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Dude, I have just the stuff. Eulactol cream for very dry skin. I do warn you this stuff is very strong don't use it at a place where you get pimples (if you get pimples). This is guaranteed to work.
    genniesalve Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 06:15 AM
    You can try Gennie salve, It work`s great. Its at genniesalve.com.
    Work`s on allot of different thing`s.
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 06:29 PM

Try cocoa Butter it worked Great For My Sister,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin...

View more questions Search