Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeAcHeSbAbY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
    What do you think
    I am 16 and 1/2 and I have an amazing boyfriend but he recently started going through family issues and it turned out that when he was younger he was kidnapped from the mom by the dad, and now we found his mom after him thinking that she didn't love him. Well he asked me to marry him and I realize that I am too younge so I said that we could stay engaged till I graduate and we can support one another, well last Thursday he asked my dad for my hand too and my dad said yes, but his real mom is taking him away and she doesn't let him call me or barly see me, she is even going to take him to las vegas once all the court stuff is done, and I just feel like she wants to hurt him, I love this kid with all my heart and just because I am 16 doesn't mean I don't know what it is, but I just I don't know what to do, I considered just marrying NOW so he can't leave, please help!
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

May 25, 2008, 01:15 PM
    You do not say how old he is. I married when I was 16,thought I knew it all. That lasted a whole 2 years. Maybe his mother wants to re establish a relationship with him. Give them time to do that. Stay in school,and when he comes back,both of you will be more mature and better able to make lifechanging decisions.
    PeAcHeSbAbY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
    He is 16 and 1/2 too and I know I plan to stay in school, I wasn't going to let it ruin my plans for my life I will still become a pathologist as planned and still make sure I am happy before I make a life long decision but he is the only one that is really here for me and has been since we were in 3rd grade and now we are almost juniors. He is one to help me and I have helped him And I don't want to lose him.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

May 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Just give him time to reconnect with mother.Sounds like you have a good head on you.Just give them time,that is something he needs to do,and since he has been with you that long,he will not forget,but do not be someone who stands in the way of him getting to know his mother,whether it is good or bad.He needs to do that without interference.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Be glad he has a chance to find himself, and go on with your own dreams, as he will with his. Don't worry, I doubt he forgets you, but may be a little busy for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search