Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

May 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
    No one thinks that I should keep my baby
    I am almost 8 weeks pregnant. I already have a 7 year old child who I am raising entirely on my own. I have my own home, car, and a really good job. I am not currently with the baby's father. We are friends at the moment. Everyone that I am close to says that I should have an abortion, but I could never do that. I know that this is going to be a long and hard road for me, but I'm strong and independent so I can handle it. What can I do about this situation? I feel like everyone has no faith in me.
    patwood Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused1145
    I am almost 8 weeks pregnant. I already have a 7 year old child who I am raising entirely on my own. I have my own home, car, and a really good job. I am not currently with the baby's father. We are friends at the moment. Everyone that I am close to says that I should have an abortion, but I could never do that. I know that this is going to be a long and hard road for me, but I'm strong and independant so I can handle it. What can I do about this situation? I feel like everyone has no faith in me.
    Please choose life you will regret any other choice

Smile your mom chose life image by atsteele2 on Photobucket
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 12:58 PM
    What can I do about this situation? I feel like everyone has no faith in me.
    Ignore the fools, and make your child a good mother.
    unsure_hopeful Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Id say do what YOU want... at the end of the day its your life and your body... you will be the one doing all the work, so I think the decision should be your own... you have a 7 year old already so it sounds like your doing perfectly well already... people opinion will change over time... good luck... oh and congratulations lol
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

May 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
    YOU GO GIRL!! I agree with unsure_hopeful. Do not let anybody pull you down. Never lose faith in yourself,you know what you can and can not do. As I always say,'They are not paying my rent,nor buying my groceries,so let me do my thang!'
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I am almost 8 weeks pregnant. I already have a 7 year old child who I am raising entirely on my own. I have my own home, car, and a really good job. I am not currently with the baby's father. We are friends at the moment. Everyone that I am close to says that I should have an abortion, but I could never do that. I know that this is going to be a long and hard road for me, but I'm strong and independant so I can handle it. What can I do about this situation? I feel like everyone has no faith in me.
    Look how well you have done so far! Your own home, car, and a really good job. You have more going for you than a lot of people... :) Plus, you are on good terms with the baby's father... all good. Who's to say what may come of that relationship... if nothing else, you will hopefully remain on good terms and your child together will benefit from that. You've already said that you are strong and independent... decide what you want to do and make a stand. Let everyone know that you appreciate their concern, but you have made your decision and you would appreciate it if they would accept it and stop with any further negative comments. It is not helpful and may indeed cause problems with your relationship with them. You need family and friends who will stand by you, even if they don't agree with your choice.
    junglenutz123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
    I'm sure you don't want to have an abortion, I wouldn't recommend it, you need to do what is in your heart, remember, you have to live with it. Make the right decision, if you can handle it, have the baby, forget what everyone else says, I have 2 children I am 25 yr old married, and both boys 3and 5 yr. old, I love them all so much, I couldn't live withmyself if my wife would have had an abortion!. the best thing that ever happened to me is having my kids!! God bless you and your family.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Ignore the fools, and make your child a good mother.
    Ditto.

Well done on the achievements you have so far-i'd say that they are GREAT examples of what your children will learn from you as their mother-good on you.
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

May 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Thank you all so very much for all of your words of encouragement. It truly does mean a lot to me. No, I could never live with myself if I had an abortion. I am against that and would definitely regret it for the rest of my life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

He's hot he's 23 he thinks the same about me but I'm 16 [ 10 Answers ]

OK well I'm 16 and I have a crush on my manager. I know he likes me too. Because we share so much like personal information with each other. He always finds a way to get my attention and says that if we are working together he will always get a smile out of me. I mean if he doesn't like me then I...

How do I know what he thinks of me? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this one guy a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually we met last year already, but everything we talked about was work related. We work at the same place, but we rarely work together... Anyway, we have now started going out. We went to the movies once, went for coffee today, and for now we're...

Don't know what he thinks of me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! This is Neha and umm... I'm 11 n I really lik a guy and he's 16 ( I no 5 yrs older then me ) but I don't know what he thinks about me... n he;s miles away from me lik he lives in some other country... I don't think it will work out but who nos it might... help! :confused:

View more questions Search