Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2B4Ever Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

May 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Burning smell?
    Just about 2 hours ago we have notice a smell of something burning. It smells like it is coming from behind the refrigerator. The plug socket is not hot. Just the smell is bad!
    We have no idea what it is... help... We did pull the refrigerator out earlier this morning, now it it about midnight. Any idea what is going on??
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

May 25, 2008, 09:48 AM
    This is something we have no business guessing-on. I would call an electrical contractor. Make sure the power stays off, until you have a professional look at the situation. I believe you made the right decision to seek help!

Keep in touch on what was found.
    2B4Ever Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

May 27, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Thanks... We found out that it was actually the light above the kitchen sink. It wa so hot to the touch. The smell of it was bad!
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

May 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Happy to hear you have found the problem! I guess it's time to go shopping for a new light fixture. Once it's installed, make sure you monitor the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning smell from celing fan old and new. [ 4 Answers ]

I had an old ceiling fan that suddenly stopped working while operating and smelled like it was on fire. I even called the fire dept. and they came out and said it was just the fan motor burning up and to keep the electricity off to the room until the fan was replaced. I purchased and installed a...

Burning Smell Coming From LCD [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a 17 inch LCD that when plugged has a smell like something is burning internally. Is the monitor done? It works but I don't want to cause a fire!

Burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a burning smell coming from heat vents. I can't see anything burning and I changed out the filter already. It smells like plastic.

Burning smell in Hampton Bay [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a new house that has Hampton Bay ceiling fans/lights in several rooms. Each one gets a hot or burning smell after they've been on awhile. Is there a break-in period for these things or did the builder wire something wrong, or do the 60W bulbs need to be 40W? :confused: A little...

View more questions Search