Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanny_2006 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
    What are his intentions?
    I've been dating this guy but he told me that he has 3 other girlfriends including me and on one of our dates he asked me to talk to one of the girls and I told him no. Also, he has told me stories about them and stuff and allowed me to see the text messages they've sent him. I'm wondering why he is telling me all this, if has he says, that I'm his girlfriend. Do you think he genuinely appreciates me or should I stop talking to him?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
    You should stop talking to him. Really and I can leave it at that. However, I'm curious to know why you would think that is something that you deserve. Nobody deserves that type of treatment. You are special and wany to be with someone that shares the feelings that you have for them. You deserve better than how he is choosing to treat you. Can I ask you how old you are? If this is a serious relationship then you are being disrespected badly. Has he asked you to do other things with these women besides talk?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 23, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat
    You should stop talking to him. Really and I can leave it at that. However, I'm curious to know why you would think that is something that you deserve. Nobody deserves that type of treatment. You are special and wany to be with someone that shares the feelings that you have for them. You deserve better than how he is choosing to treat you. Can I ask you how old you are? If this is a serious relationship then you are being disrespected badly. Has he asked you to do other things with these women besides talk?
    So you ask for assistance and I give it andtell you that you deserve better and you disagree, sometimes we are not happy hearing the truth. Good Luck with that.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 23, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Well, the word "girlfriend" usually means "exclusive". I guess it doesn't HAVE to mean that, but I detect your dissatisfaction with this whole thing is that you actually want it be more meaningful with him that he is indicating.

So, as to your questions:

Why he is telling me all this, if as he says, that I'm his girlfriend.
    I think he's continuing to underline the fact that he has every intention to keep dating several girls and wants you aware of it. His PERFECT world would have you even approving of it, even liking the other girls. His ULTIMATE world would be all his girls going out with him at the same time like his own little harem.

He sounds awesome.

Do you think he genuinely appreciates me...
    I guess so. I'm sure he only dates girls he actually likes... all of them. Liking someone or appreciating them, that doesn't really take any work, you know? That sort of just happens on its own. Its instinctive. The only thing you can gauge or measure is his actions, not his feelings.

So, does he encourage you? (and the other girls?) Even though he's not exclusive, do you enjoy his company and find he doesn't mislead you and makes you feel comfortable and secure? Even with all the other girls, does he still manage to make you feel special?

... or should I stop talking to him?
    You should only stop seeing him if doesn't match what you want in a boyfriend. Most girls are seeking an exclusive man to grow close to and find out if you can stay together forever. If you're NOT doing that, this guy could be a lot of fun.

If you ARE looking for a serious guy, I put the question back to you... "How can keep dating a guy who doesn't want what you want?"
    rawsushi Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    I've been dating this guy but he told me that he has 3 other girlfriends including me and on one of our dates he asked me to talk to one of the girls and I told him no. Also, he has told me stories about them and stuff and allowed me to see the text messages they've sent him. I'm wondering why he is telling me all this, if has he says, that I'm his girlfriend. Do you think he genuinely appreciates me or should I stop talking to him?
    You're dating a jerk. He is a jerk, trying to prove he's a player.

You're disrespecting yourself by hanging out with someone who blatantly disrespects the others he dates.

I helped raise my little sister (I'm the 'big brother') and one thing you should know, is that all 'well behaved males' WORK at being well behaved. It's not easy. IMO, all men are pigs - it's just that we have the ability to DECIDE if we ACT LIKE A PIG or not.

He's a pig.

Don't play in the mud. You'll get dirty, and you have no control of what you wallow in.

My $0.02.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I'm wondering why he is telling me all this, if has he says, that I'm his girlfriend.
    He has told you quite honestly what he is doing, and if you continue to be with him, it will be on those terms. So not to be rude, that's what he expects of his girlfriend(s).
    thepurpose Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    Hi Shanny,

I feel bad for you, I really do. When I was 18 I met my kid's mother. I loved her too intensely for human words; every third thought was of her, every thing I wanted to do included her. This is not explaining to you some sort of obsession but to show you that every relationship involves the smallest or the mega mega, intense super-connection amount of love. When you love (or like) someone, when you are a true boyfriend, 3 other girls never enters your thoughts. He sounds insulated from reality.
    I love my kids mom into the next seven lives, although she has done wrong to me repeatedly. Real love however small or large means you don't expect the emotional and physical benefits of being with that person but that since you hold them dear, you find no choice but to drizzle them with steady support, emotional responsiveness and in every day you know you have tried to add to their happiness in which, is with you.
    On the human level, I have felt many times what you are going through right now.
    My best advice by experience, would be to improve this brief phase of life. (Brief phases can affect a lifetime.) Step one would be to forget about this person that doesn't by what you described, seem to care about you for what you need nor for what you feel. If this lasts any period, it will eventually drain your emotional energy which is needed to get through every day of life. It could affect your emotions, your sleep, eating habits and your other relationships, etc...
    This advice is not gender specific. Learn from life and improve yourself. And, when yourself becomes someone more wonderful to be around one day, an unlivable regret will remind him of the minute that it became acceptable to inflate his ego at another's emotional expense.
    God bless, the purpose

The life motto we all hope to never live again: If at first you don't succeed, just keep on blowing it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 04:14 PM

Glad you feel that way, because he is leaving his options open, and not committing to being exclusive.
    On the flip side, you have the same options as he does. You can date who you want.

How long have you been dating as if its been more than 6 months, he should be able to tell ( and you also) if you want this to go to the next level, which is exclusive dating, to see if you click in the long term.
    Its simple, if he is unsure or unwilling to take that step, then he is history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone with EX experience? What are her intentions? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay here's the summary... After a 4 year relationship, my ex broke up with me in April of '07, saying she didn't love me no more. Reason being, fights and having a lot on her plate (grad school and full time job) kind of wore her down and things fizzled, and romance died. Last contact until...

Questionable intentions [ 5 Answers ]

Ok guys I'm going through some rough moments with my girlfriend and I need to know if I'm wasting my time or not. This is long I warn you! Let us start with an introduction: My girlfriend broke up with her X about five months ago. He was the typical that cheated on her right under her nose...

What are his true intentions? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend, who has a hard time communicating his feelings, approached me recently and asked my thoughts on marriage. I would like to in the future, but he has clearly stated he does not believe in marriage, that he shouldn't have to get married to commit to someone. He has been engaged in the...

Not Sure About Intentions [ 42 Answers ]

There is a man I casually know, a friend of my husband's. I don't see him much, but recently he has started to pay attention to me. He is also married. He started coming around when I was working, and would stand next to me, very close. He calls occasionally, for little reasons. He always...

View more questions Search