Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenjen1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
    12 days late 3 negative pregnancy test! And I'm on diet pills
    hi I'm 12 days late for my period I was expecting it on may 11th and its now may 23rd! I took 3 tests already and all came out negative. I'm so confused on what to do. I made a doctors appt for next week I figured ill wait it out a little bit more. But I just started these diet pills called phentermine. If I am pregnant will the pills effect my baby in any way? And can the phentermine make my hcg level not show up on the pregnancy test? I'm having randoms cramps here and there but they don't last for more then a couple of seconds. And my breasts are hurting me a little. I get frequent headaches! And I'm so tired(but I think that because I'm running after my 1 year old daughter from 7 in the morning). I don't have nausia really. I've been a little nausios with certain things but not vomiting or anything major! Thanks for the help in advance!
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 23, 2008, 10:22 AM
    I do not know if you are pregnant, But weather or not the diet pills can really hurt you in plenty of ways including messing with your cycle. I do not know about the diet pills you are taking but some have been shown to cause heart problems restlessless, depression and tirednessdue to the fact that you do not eat properly on diet pills. If you want to lose weight do it the healthy way. You may or may not be pregnant, your doctor can do a blood test to be sure, until then I would not take the diet pills and tell the doctor that you have been taking them so he or she can adjust your medical care correctly. Hope everything turns out the way you want also if you quite taking the diet pills you may even start to feel better and start your period. Stress can also change your cycle so relax and see a doctor. Good luck.
    kezry Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 11:04 PM

The diet pills could definitely be the reason your periods are late

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 11 days late, negative pregnancy test a week ago, possibly still pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

My period is currently 11 days late. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it was negative. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant?

10 Days late and still negative pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

I have been put on perimetrium because I keep miscarring. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months and I have has one miscarriage this time. I had 4 previous to my son being born. I am now 10 days late and I still get a negative pregnancy test. Has anyone had this problem and...

Am I pregnant 6 days late to negative pregnancy test and I have thrush [ 3 Answers ]

Hi well I am 6 days late to negative pregnancy test and I have thrush my son is 5 mnths old when I found out I was pregnant with him I had thrush but I felt sick for a week before I was even due on really don't know what is happening

Is 3 days to soon to take a pregnancy test [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if 3 days was too soon to take a pregnancy test. It came out negative so that was good, but it was only after 3 days. Should I take another one in a few weeks or does negative mean negative??

View more questions Search