Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmeade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Itchy legs
    Just got back from Dominican Republic and I'm finding my legs are really itchy. They are breaking out in lumps and these lumps are very itchy. It's almost like a insect bite but I can't see where I would get it and why my legs and no where else. Any suggestions of what I could do to get rid of this itchy and sore lumps would be appreicated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Post approved and moved from forum helps.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I would go to the doctor with this, get it tested. I get itchy bumps when going in to a hot tub that hasn't been treated properly, but it's usually allover my body, not just my legs. Could be an allergic reaction to something, best to get it looked at.

Good luck.
    teganMN1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 05:38 AM
    Oat-meal bath you can use real oat-meal to.
    ceciliag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 09:15 AM
    I just got back from DR last night and I have the same thing on my legs. Now this morning I noticed one spot on my arm. I cut my toe in the pool the day before we left and I think bacteria from the water got into the cut. I will go to my doctor on Monday if I can stand the itch until then! I bathed in epson salts this morning and it helped the itch!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceciliag View Post
    I just got back from DR last night and I have the same thing on my legs. Now this morning I noticed one spot on my arm. I cut my toe in the pool the day before we left and I think bacteria from the water got into the cut. I will go to my doctor on Monday if I can stand the itch until then! I bathed in epson salts this morning and it helped the itch!
    I just want to point out that this thread was started in 2008, almost 4 years ago. The OP (original poster) never came back. She posted the question and left.

I'm hoping that by now she has this issue resolved.
    ceciliag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 07:39 AM
    I have the same thing! I spoke to an RN last night and she said to try Benedryl or Claritan.
    I took 2 Benedryl and they made me very tired... I went to bed and this morning they are still there
    But much better than yesterday... and no more have developed. I'll try the Claritan today to avoid the drowsiness and stop the itch. If it's no better in a few days, I'll see my Dr.
    The RN also said to bath in warm water with baking soda.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy! [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been so itchy! It is mainly on my stomach, chest, back, and sides but it is really annoying I don't know if it is just the dry cold weather or what but I need some suggestions on how to make it stop! I do have exema but it mainly is on my hands...

Itchy Dog [ 10 Answers ]

I got a mini Dachshund last week and she has been very itchy. She seems to be scratching/nibbling all over and especially on her sides. What is the cause of this? Do dogs get dry skin? Is there anything I can do for her?

Itchy [ 15 Answers ]

Yeah OK so since I got back form my cottage I've had this horrible itching around my vagina and I'm wondering what the hell this is I itches when I move the wrong way its red and very sensitive... I really need some help its bugging the crap out of me.. my mom got me some itch cream but it doesn't...

View more questions Search