Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ngray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 12:03 PM
    What is considered "earth quake weather"?
    :confused:
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

May 15, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Earthquake weather is a type of weather popularly believed to precede earthquakes. Geologists maintain that there is no connection between weather and earthquakes.

Earthquake weather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 15, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Has to do with the phases of the moon. Earthquakes are not predictable but some think they are more likely to occur at certain times. The moon is powerful enough to control the tides on earth, raising the whole sea up 3 or 4 or more feet at high tide which occurs twice a day, once when the moon is directly ovewrhead and a second lesser high tide when the moon is on the opposite side of the earth from the other high tide position. At certain times in it's orbit the moon is closer to the Earth this is marked in an Almanac as "the moon runs low". There is water underground and inside rocks that is also subject to this gravitational pull. The theory is that earthquakes are more likely to occur at high tide, when the moon runs low, or on a full moon, I think a new moon and the day the moon changes quarters are supposed to be more likely too.:eek:
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 21, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    has to do with the phases of the moon. Earthquakes are not predictable but some think they are more likely to occur at certain times. The moon is powerful enough to control the tides on earth, raising the whole sea up 3 or 4 or more feet at high tide which occurs twice a day, once when the moon is directly ovewrhead and a second lesser high tide when the moon is on the opposite side of the earth from the other high tide position. At certain times in it's orbit the moon is closer to the Earth this is marked in an Almanac as "the moon runs low". there is water underground and inside rocks that is also subject to this gravitational pull. The theory is that earthquakes are more likely to occur at high tide, when the moon runs low, or on a full moon, I think a new moon and the day the moon changes quarters are supposed to be more likely too.:eek:
    Have to update this after checking my reference. The moon has a circular orbit but at certain times will be closer to the spot you live in In northern hemisphere the moon rides high at this time and in southern hemisphere the moon is said to run low similar to the way the sun is higher in the sky in summer than in winter. When the moon's orbit crosses the equator an earthquake is supposed to be more likely in either hemisphere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need lyrics for song containing "Don't cry for me on earth" [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend was killed a couple days ago in a motorcycle accident. We are trying to find the artist and/or title of the song containing the lyrics "DON'T CRY FOR ME ON EARTH" to play at his funeral. I believe it is a country/western style song and that is all the info we have. This song is...

When will her bloodline be considered "clean"? [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands female pitbull had sex with the neighborhood mutt(pitbull, lab mix) I have heard that she can now never have pure bred pitbull puppiesbut my husband believes thqat if he breeds her on her next cycle with a pit bull the puppies will be pure bred who is correct?

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? Part2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email correspondence with the leasing director of the realty company about giving me lower rent since the weakening economy due to high energy...

View more questions Search