Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbrezzi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Constant vaginal burning
    Hello, for about a month now I have had a burning vagina. I am 60 years old. This happened 5 days after I had unprotected sex. I am not sure if it is related. I have been to my internist and 2 ob/gyns. I have tested negative for any STD or UTI. Last visit to ob/gyn was 2 days ago. She is treating me for yeast, although I have no discharge and no odor... just burning. So far... no relief. The first ob/gyn suggested vagifem... and told me that this was part of post menopause... I am not certain of this. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions... has this ever happened to anyone else... what was the answer?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 11:58 AM
    It seems to me that at age 60 you have decreased amounts of natural vaginal secretions--this is the problem.

Adding anything to the vagina just worsens the situations... such as creams, meds, soaps, bath products...

If I were you, I would not put anything near my vagina for a couple of weeks, nothing but water... no soap, no nothing.

That should clear up the situation.

Oh, and no intercourse/sexual contact either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant Vaginal Pain [ 12 Answers ]

For the past 2 days, my vagina has been in constant pain. It is red, irritation is most likely, but it does not hurt when I urinate. I also haven't noticed a change in discharge. Could this be a yeast infection?

Constant headaches [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I posed a question once saying I had heart palputations and lose of breath, later on I began to have head aches as well. I went to the doctor and got a blood test my blood came out fine and the heart palputations arnt occurring anymore or not as offten but I'm still getting headaches, now my...

Constant acceleration [ 3 Answers ]

;) hiii I realli need help with the below question... A bullet passes through a board, the velocity on entering being 1200 m/s and on leaving 1100m/s. how many such boards of equal thickness placed one behind the other will the bullet penetrate assuming constant retardation. :confused: Thanks...

Constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Hey help me with this question :o A body moving with constant accelertion and starting from rest covers 9m in the eighth second. Find the acceleration Thankss:)

Constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anyone can help me on this problem below :) The velocity of a particle moving in a straight ine with uniform acceleration increases from 10m/s to 20m/s in 30m. When and where was the velocity 15m/s Thx:D

View more questions Search