Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smithgirl71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Eliminating cat odor
    My basement has a crawl space that is dirt filled. The cats managed to get in it, and I presume use it as a litter, and it smells to high heaven! :eek: Getting under there is out of the question. Is there something I can spray or throw in there to eliminate it? It's just awful and now with the wet weather it is even worse. PLEASE help me.
    smithgirl71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 06:21 AM
    So 17 people have viewed this question and no answers yet? Must be a really weird/difficult one! Hopefully someone will have the answer for me!
    KathySim214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 03:29 PM
    My sister says to use neutroleum-alpha. I am trying to get some for the same problem.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
    If you have a Chem-Dry franchisee in your area, contact them and explain your problem.

I got a substance from one in Des Moines about 10 years ago to get rid of the same odor in some furniture.

What he gave me was some type of white, powder type substance. It was I believe, charged with negative ions or something like that to attract the odor molecules.

It really worked! Wish I could remember the name of it?
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
    If it is urine smell, you could mix up some plain white vinegar half and half with water. You might be able to spray it up under the house using one of those hand-pump pressure sprayers that they sell in the garden department.
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

May 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
    There is a product called Natures Miracle. You can get it at PetSmart or Petco. Some other pet stores may have it, but I know for a fact that the two mentioned above do.
    It has a natural enzyme that eats the urine and feces biodegrading them. It does work, but a little on the expensive side. It is available in gallon containers, and you do not dilute it. I suggest using one of the garden spayers that carolbcac suggested for application.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips For Eliminating Spam eMails [ 1 Answers ]

I have made the mistake of entering my information at many web sites They have passed my email address on to many others -- WOW I am looking for suggestions for dealing with flood of eMails I do not want to close my email address -- last resort 1. I like copy and paste (copy Sender...

Handheld Germ-Eliminating Light [ 2 Answers ]

Is a Handheld Germ-Eliminating Light the same thing as using a black light on a table top? If not, what is the difference?

Eliminating debt [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and just got divorced. I have assumed a lot of debt from the marriage. I have several credit cards with a combined $12,000 debt. I have student loans with a couple thousand dollars left to pay. I am struggling to make ends meet with all the interest charges. I have a second...

Eliminating in crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have read some of the answers for dog pooping in crate. I have a 2 months old boston terrier. He knows to go on the training papers and he has started to go outside. He goes in the crate at night and cries all night, but he also eliminates in his crate which I thought they were not supposed...

Puppy eliminating in crate [ 3 Answers ]

Our beloved 14 week old golden retriever puppy has been mostly urinating in her crate when left alone. She is completely dry during a 7-8 hour night. The urination (and occasional defacation) occurs despite water being withheld and despite being left in her crate no more than 3-4 hours. She...

View more questions Search