Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjzelten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Troy-Bilt Lawn Tractor stops moving, engine/blades still on.
    I have a Troy-Bilt Pony, 17.5hp, 8-Speed, 42" Lawn Tractor. At start of the season, started mowing and after approx. 45 minutes, the mower just stopped moving. I disengaged the blades, tried to change speed, direction, and every time I released the clutch/brake pedal, the engine pulley would start burning the engine belt. I can't tell if it's a problem with the transmission or the speed control pulleys. I took the mower apart to inspect pulleys, belts, springs, transmission lever and found nothing wrong (save for light damage and burn marks on the belt), shot some lubricant (silicone) into all moving parts and joints, the bolt going into the transmission that changes gear, and the bottom of the bearing cup on the speed control. I put it back together and it worked again... for about 30 minutes and then stopped moving again.:mad: I can do the work myself if I knew what was the problem piece, but I can't do that with the engine off, and I can't test it when it's taken apart... or can I. Please help! Thanks!
    lawnman14 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2008, 10:01 AM
    The problem is the belt that drives the transmission which in turn also drives the wheels If that is not the problem there is a number on the manual that u can and should most likely call and ask if they know what the problem is.there is a way to take the body off but make sure that you unscrew the panel with the switches, nobs, and levers is proped up when body istaken off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-Bilt Lawn Tractor Wiring Diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Troy-Bilt X609G Lawn Tractor. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for it? :confused: Thanks, Winston

Troy bilt demon tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt tractor ( Big Red) purchased 3 years ago from Lowe's. I have a never ending fix this n that list. Latest $300 spent,ran two hours, then will not go. I think there is a spring which was attached to the gas pedal to SOMETHING, which broke. The pedal goes down now with no...

2000 Troy Bilt LTX14 lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 troy bilt LTX14 hydr trans. When engaged the electric pto clutch keeps ripping the wire harness out of it. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

View more questions Search