Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kprazzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Tenant Rights, as in do I have any ?
    When we signed the lease on our home, there were 3 of us on the lease, myself, my husband and our 17 year old daughter. 6 months later my then 18 year old moved out and month later my 24 year old moved in, I told the landlord and she said that was fine. Later she flipped on that and made an issue about it. My daughter offered to fill out a app. And pay for a credit check. That was ignored, and the next thing I heard from her was an e-mail saying that they wanted the outdoor furniture back and if we gave it to them, they would add my other daughter to the lease. Is any of this legal, don't they have to consider my daughters app. It's a big 3 bedroom house, and if the house was rented with the furniture, do they have a right to take it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
    They have to follow every rule in the lease. So what ever the written lease says is what they have to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant rights PA [ 3 Answers ]

My son is renting an off campus apartment at the University of Pittsburgh along with three other students . The four bedroom apartment was rented as including two balconies. At the time of leasing the two balconies were undergoing renovation but the agent guaranteed that the work would be...

Tenant rights [ 3 Answers ]

My lease expired a year ago and I have been renting without a lease. I gave 30 days notice of moving but now I might have to stay another week. I'm willing to pay a prorated amount but now the owner (landlord) is being difficult and wants me to pay for a full month. I refuse. I have no lease and...

Tenant rights [ 1 Answers ]

After being on a year lease my lease expired in aug 06 so my landlord made me month to month. I pay really low rent so the landlord doesn't fix much and the place is rundown to say the least. Recently there was a moth infestation so after badgering him he had an exterminator come but the problem...

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

View more questions Search