Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 09:53 AM
    How do I apply for a quiet title for adverse possession
    I have found a property that has been unoccupied for fixed up in over a year in sikeston, MO. Where I live. The city of sikeston finally condemed it for public nuisance, the bank is in lansing Michigan and has no phone number, but I would like to take this property as adverse possession and fix it up and live there. Do I need to apply for a quiet title to do so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 10:04 AM
    It does not work that way, first it is owned by someone ( and all banks have phone numbers and mailing address.

Next you have to live on the property in Missouri for over 10 years without permission from the owner. So after you move in and fix it up and live there for 10 years, if no one arrests you for tresspassing, or evicts you, and you lose all of the work you did to the home, and all of the taxes you paid ( cannot be in your name but you will have to go and pay their taxes all those years

So if you don't end up in jail and lose all your investment, then you can make a claim 10 years latter for a deed and hope the judge allows it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adverse possession [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into West Long Branch, NJ 1.5 years ago. The house was purchased from the children of the previous owner, who was deceased. It was November. The title search that was done when we bought the house was clean and showed no claims for easements. In the spring I was cleaning the front...

Adverse possession [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into West Long Branch 1.5 years ago. It was November. I noticed he was cutting through the front (side) of my yard and I put up a makeshift fence (tomato cages). In the spring I was cleaning the front side yard, trimming the bushes, when my neighbor came over and told me that those were...

24 year adverse possession in tx, combined with disability and tax delinquincy [ 4 Answers ]

Around 23 years ago my mother purchased a home. After the down payment was made and some payments the seller disappeared. My mother couldn't then get title or continue paying and did not pay taxes because she had no way of getting possession of the house to her knowledge. This created many...

Adverse possession [ 9 Answers ]

We purchased a property four years ago from a cousin's estate. On having it surveyed we found That a thirty by forty foot piece of one of the back corners was not part of the property, but it had been occupied and maintained by the owner's family for over fifty years. They had planted shrubs And...

View more questions Search