Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dani04 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Looseing my dog
    My dog is 12. I have had him since I was 3. And I am very close to him.. but latly I haven't been paying buch attention Ive been so bus with drama and family issues. And he is getting old and my mom keeps saying to me be perpared.. and all. I don't know how to deal with all of this. I am young and I have never lost someone or a pet... and I love him so much. I want to spend as much as time as possible with him but I don't know how to handle it when it happens.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 11:44 AM
    dani04,

I understand what you're saying, and it is going to be tough. I'm sorry but there will be no way around it. It'll hurt and you'll miss him for a long time. All the more reason to spend as much time as you can with him now. Take some photos of him for your album. Maybe have him check by the vet, just to make sure he is as healthy as he can be. We had a lovely little sheltie called Sandy, he lived 15 years. We have pictures of him and some nice memories, like when we were up the woods he would run around gathering the kids together like they were sheep. He was lovely, we won't ever forget him. And you won't forget your dog either. Your mum is just trying to prepare you, I did the same with my kids.
    sallyasdf Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

May 12, 2008, 01:01 PM
    I lost my dog last year she was still a puppy. There is no way to prepare yourself to lose a pet that you deeply care about. You just have to understand that when your dog dies, he will be rid of all his pain from old age. Spend any possible time with him that you can. Take him on a long walk this wekend, and give him a nice dinner. There is no way for you to escape the crying, but always remember to thank God for everysecond that you have with your beloved dog.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 12, 2008, 01:21 PM
    When I knew my dog Whicket was getting really old, I made her a part of my routine. It was hard because I was out of my parents house (where Wicket lived still) and on my own across town. I would come over and play with her just like when we were young, I would give her ugly haircuts and hose her down. I did it as much as I could for about 5 months. I got a call from my parents that Wicket died and that she was laying under her tree in the back yard... The hole I dug was mud from all the tears running down that shovel. But, I am SOooo glad I spent that last bit of time making her last months fun. When I think of her now, I see her old and limping with a huge smile on her big black face.
    I hope you can find the time.
    Best regards, Greg
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveyou1994 View Post
    Oh wow Judy Kay you are obviously blind no offense because she meant she didnt molest him or something like that. Don't ruin her reputation. This website dosent need bullies. Thank you. Now please people comment on what you think of Judy Kay Tee. She stalks lala55555 on every question she answered. Speak your mind.

How odd that once again you've come to Lala's defense - !

Or could you be Lala now that she's suspended - ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2009, 07:48 PM

They were the same person ( or posting for them) tracked their IP addresses
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They were the same person ( or posting for them) tracked thier IP addresses

NOW do I get the t-shirt?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Looseing my Daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 years old, she lives with her father. She lived with me her whole life until she was 11 years old, Social services took her and her two brothers from me over my 4year old step-son who had just moved in our home from being taken by Social Services in another State because his...

View more questions Search