Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Emancipation laws in Ohio
    My mom and I we don't get along at all not at all and its really starting to get old. She is always telling me that she does not want me around her anymore that she is going to send me away. She is always putting me down and everything and it kills me I just want to get away. I was wondering what are the emancipation laws in Ohio. I'm getting a job and I have a boyfriend that we have talked about sepending the rest of our lives togrther and that's what I want to do I want to get away from family and just spend my life with him and start my own famliy does anyone know the laws for that in Ohio?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie08
    my mom and i we dont get along at all not at all and its really starting to get old. she is always telling me that she does not want me around her anymore that she is going to send me away. she is always putting me down and everything and it kills me i just wanna get away. i was wondering what are the emancipation laws in ohio. im getting a job and i have a boyfriend that we have talked about sepending the rest of our lives togrther and thats what i want to do i wanna get away from family and just spend my life with him and start my own famliy does anyone know the laws for that in ohio?

Ohio does not have a process by which you can become emancipated. You DO become emancipated when you turn 18 and are out of high school OR get married OR join the military.

You don't even become emancipated if you have a child and are not married.

Other States DO allow emancipation petitions but not Ohio.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is being done about changing emancipation laws [ 4 Answers ]

What is being done in Indiana, if anything, about the discrimination against non-custodial parents. I'm talking about the fact that anyone who is married and wants to tell there adult child(18yrs of age or older) that they have to move out and they are on there own without any legal obligation for...

Ohio Abandonment laws? [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know how to go about getting full custody of my child. The father hasn't been in the picture for a long time and is now in prison... can I file abandonment charges on him?

Ohio Laws [ 1 Answers ]

What are the laws in Ohio about pit bulls if you have a web site id love to have it thanks

Emancipation laws [ 1 Answers ]

What is the youngest age in Pennsylvania to be emancipated?

Emancipation laws [ 2 Answers ]

Can I Be Emancipated From My Mom If I Had A Baby 3 Weeks Before I Tuned 16 I Am Now 16 And Will Be 17 In July

View more questions Search