Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winterinsomnia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Probation Transfer - How long will it take?
    My husband was charged with a Grand Larceny 4, Felony. And he was given five years of probation. He is currently under the lowest supervision offered - he goes in once a month to see his probation officer, and that's all he has to do.

We met while I was going to school in New York state. I live in Minnesota, and we were planning on moving there at the end of this semester.

We have to wait for his state transfer to go through. He has complied with everything, he has a legal residence in Minnesota, a job, and me as his immediate family. His probation officer is sending the paper work out on Monday, and believes he will have no problem getting accepted to Minnesota.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to get through NYS interstate compact, to another state (like MN).

How long should he have to wait before he can make the transfer?

We have heard anything from "I don't know, "A couple of weeks," "six weeks" to three months.

If anyone has experience or can give me a better answer than I've been given, that would be great! Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Everything takes time when you are dealing with state employees. Don't expect them to drop everything to do the transfer in a hurry. Be patient. It will happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take to transfer probation from Arizona to Michigan? [ 2 Answers ]

my husband is on probation for two years in arizona and is in process of getting transfer underway to michigan, you see we have a son who is eight and wants daddy and we want to reconcile our marriage and i misscarried our second baby and my close aunt died so he wants to be here for us asap to...

How long does it take for a probation transfer to go through [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for a probation transfer to go through

Probation Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is on county probation in tn and ask her probation officer if she could transfer to nc where I live and was told she had to pay all her fine off before she could get transferred.she is on mis. Charges.can you transfer without paying your fines off.can't u pay them off from where you...

Probation transfer from WI. [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was living in Tennessee and got a little behind on his child support after 22 years of paying religiously, and was extradited to Wisconsin and spent a year in jail there. They let him out with time served and one year's probation almost 2 months ago. He has been trying to get transferred...

Probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

What's up whoever is reading this. Answer only if you know about probation tranfers.I have a friend who on probation in n.y. and in n.j. he really lives in n.j.. But n.y. thinks he lives at his aunts house in n.y.. See when he was arrested for the charge in n.y.. he had a case already pending in...

View more questions Search