Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joegwendolyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Can I Keep a pregnant rabbit in with a male guinea pig
    Hello can anyone help me my rabbit is pregnant and she normally lives with a male Guinea pig can I leave him in with her or will I have to separate them before she has her babies not sure what to do hope some one can help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Your pregnant rabbit cannot be kept with another animal. Any other animal would be perceived as a threat to her and she would destroy her babies.
    joegwendolyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Your preggo rabbit cannot be kept with another animal. Any other animal would be perceived as a threat to her and she would destroy her babies.
    Thank you for the advice I will separate them closer to the due date,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a rabbit and guinea pig breed? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, So I have called several vets in my area and all of them tell me the same thing... that it is impossible for a female rabbit and a male guinea pig to breed. Here is my situation: I have a female rabbit that lives in the same pen as a male guinea pig. The female rabbit got pregnant with our...

Guinea Pigs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 9 yrs old and today my piggie (Lucy) had babies. We moved her out of the cage with the other girl piggie (haha) when I noticed that Lucy looked like a pear. I was going to have my mom take her to the vet today but when we woke up we called her (the vet) to bring her in. It was at...

Rabbit had baby... Guinea pig problems [ 5 Answers ]

I know u might say your not supposed to keep guinea pigs with rabbits but we do and they get along. My rabbit had babies and we didn't know for a little and once we noticed 2 were dead 2 were badly injured(now dead) and one had a few scratches and a missing ear. OK now there's 2 questions's....

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

View more questions Search