Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnecoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Missed periods
    Hi my names lynn I was on the mini pill up till 9 months ago I've not had a period since then I had the morning after pill in dec05 and had a heavy period I am not pregnant and still haven't had a period I am 35 can you help
    CanadianBrunette Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 07:32 PM
    Hello, I would definitely make an appointment with your family doctor. There could be many reasons you have not had a period and perhaps your doctor would order tests to see if there is a physical reason why. Good luck. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 23, 2006, 12:43 AM
    Lynn, the mini pills work by temporarily turning off your ovaries so you don't ovulate (make eggs). When you don't ovulate you don't have a regular period, and when you take the pills continuously you should have periods rarely or no period at all. But if you stop taking the pill, it sometimes takes a month or two before periods become regular again. You should talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about your period.
    linmo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnecoll
    hi my names lynn i was on the mini pill up till 9 months ago ive not had a period since then i had the morning after pill in dec05 and had a heavy period i am not pregnant and still havnt had a period i am 35 can you help
    I too had problems after the pill you should go to your doctor and ask for a check up.
    Linda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

2 missed periods constant cramping [ 1 Answers ]

I have missed 2 periods and I should have had my last one over 10 days ago, over the last 2 and a half weeks I've delt with heavy menstraul cramping but no period. It's to the point where I just can't do normal activities. I've tried many times to get an appointment with no luck. I don't take...

Missed period?! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since the 1st week in April and the only thing I can think of as to why is that I started taking singulair in between April & may for asthma- could this be true? And also I have never gone all the way but my boyfriend and I do masturbate each other- there wouldn't be any...

View more questions Search