Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

May 5, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Does friendship trump boyfriend?
    Ok, well, I don't exactly have a boyfriend. But, you know how there are those guys who are more like boyfriend material than guy friend material? I was wondering if my guy friends trumped my "boyfriend possibilities"? I mean, my guy friend has been there for me for life, since I was about 6 we've known each other. Its weird. We both went through the awkward stage of " Maybe I like her" and all that jazz, but its not like that anymore. We know our boundaries, yes they seem grey at times but there is a limit. We are just, buddies. But, now I question my judgement. See, my guy friend and I rarely see each other, so, we talk on the phone occasionally. Eventually, we always end up on the girlfriend/boy friend topic. It's a bit odd and uncomfortable, but its got to hit eventually. Anyway, I finds myself really down when he has a girlfriend, and I never think she's good enough for him. Usually I'm right and it doesn't work out for them. What's really bad is that when he is a bit disappointed about his lost girlfriend, I am much happier that he doesn't have a girlfriend. I don't have a clue why. Its kind of annoying, but I always feel relief when he is single or his girlfriend sucks. Don't get me wrong, Im happy when he's happy just not in that instance.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 6, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Mine haven't yet... I think it takes time. Don't look for love, it will come!
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 6, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I'm guessing you become down when he has a girlfriend is because then he has no more time for you. I've noticed this when females have male best friends (myself included). They just don't think the same and seem to have absolutely no problem ditching out on you for a year when he's got a new girl. Just try to keep the friendship because great friends are harder to find than boyfriends :-)

May 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Eureka! I think you are right! Thanks so much sc
    sallyasdf Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Your jelous, you really have feelings for this guy or you want to keep him 'avaliable'. You want him to be happy but you don't want him to be in a relationship. Think about it, if you were in a relationship with him then after the breakup (if there is one) then it would be really aquward, stay friends and be happy for him. Best of luck to you!!

May 6, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a friendship goes to far [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her...

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

Looking for friendship. [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I live in WV and in a community, I'm sorry to say is where I can't make friends. I swear to the Lord above that the people here are back-stabbing, liars, gossipers and drunks. My husband is in jail. I've been in WV for seven years and all I've done was work. I am not working now and...

Now she only wants friendship? [ 10 Answers ]

We broke up 6 months ago, she was my first love, if I try the no contact for three weeks, she calls me, wanting to be just "friends" and talk about "friendly things"... we were together for 8 months long distance. I want her back, It literally makes me sick to think about her with new guys still....

Donal Trump is against the War with a passion? [ 13 Answers ]

This video shows how Donal Trump is against the war http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30rJQbDDno Is he spreading lies?

View more questions Search