Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 12:01 PM
    I need to stickup for myself.
    I am in high school and today during lunch my friend told me that I let people walk all over me and that I have no back-bone.
    Now that she mentions it I kind of agree with her.
    I have a huge problem with being shy, and I don't really realize what I am doing until it's over with.
    I hate it, because having no self confidence I suppose leads up to letting people do that sort of stuff to you.
    I hate being mean to people though and letting them down, but I never do anything for myself.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

May 5, 2008, 02:04 PM
    So, what exactly is the question? If you mean how do you get self confidence, well, that's tricky. First YOU have to believe in YOURSELF. I know it sounds cheezy but its true. Second, YOU have to decide how to react to people trying to boss you around. No one on here is at your school, so none of us know your exact situation.
    elllyne13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Truthfully I'm pretty shy myself... even though I'm a boy :o
    I've seen a lotta people in your situation and I can say I have lots of experience :)

You see... like godsbabygirl267 said... you know you have to believe in yourself first.
    Self-confidence is achieved through yourself. Self-confidence doesn't mean you have to be really outgoing or anything. It means for you to have self-conciousness, to know that you have potential in yourself. I hope this isn't sounding like a lecture or anything. I mean, this is my first time on this site.

Lack of self-confidence makes it hard to stand up for yourself. But it can also let you see many things. You can learn from lack of self-confidence. Reacting to people bossing you around doesn't mean you have to be mean or let them down. You can always talk back with a joke or something. Laugh it off. (maybe if you give me a specific example of your situtation I can understand more thoroughly). You don't have to be mean to stand up for yourself. :)

If this hasn't really helped.. you can always leave me a message

Something my friend always like to say about such situations: "Don't let the jerks walk over you. Let them walk under you."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search