Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JASONAND CARRIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Neutral wire
    I have a eone sewer box on the side of my home and I hooked up the 4/10 outdoor wire to the sewer box like it said and I have to run that to the pole, to a 30 amp breaker OK the black and white go to the breaker and the ground to the ground bar so where does the neutral go
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 5, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Anyone understand this question? :confused:
    Mr Shove L Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman
    Anyone understand this question? :confused:
    He,or She May be referring to some kind of sun or trash pump systems ?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 5, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Stan, I give up.

Jason, to say we need a little help here is putting it being generous.

1) What is an "Eone Sewer Box?"
    2) Are you using a #4 AWG wire with a #10 AWG Neutral or ground?
    3) Where are you sourcing the current for this #4 conductor?
    4) Define, "It said."
    5) What pole? Why are you running cable to "that" pole?
    6) # 10 AWG conductors are rated for 30 Amps. #4 AWG is for 100 Amps conductors.
    7) Black and White do not normally go to the breaker, unless you are trying to pull 240 volts. Black normally connects to the breaker.
    White normally connects to the Neutral Bus. Unless you are using a DTDP breaker to draw the 240 VAC. If you are doing that, then you
    Need to use the bare conductor or the green conductor as Neutral.

Please take some time and tell us exactly what you are trying to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using the ground or (bare) wire for the neutral wire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with some wiring that I ran for an outside motion light. Although the hot leg and ground wires are fine, the neutral wire is defective ( it may have gotten knicked or something). Of course, now the wiring is covered up behind a wall that I do not want to tear into if it can be...

Neutral wire used as a ground? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been changing switches and plugs and in one of the receptical boxes I found the neutral wire pigtailed to the side of the box, and when I installed the new receptical there was no circuit until I did the same, pigtailed to the box... is this safe?:confused:

Neutral wire needed [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I just purchased 4 SPST LED rocker switches the other day. I am using a computer power supply to power the switches by paperclipping the 3rd (black-ground wire) and 4th (green-PS on) wires. My problem is that the LED does not light because (I am told) I need a white neutral wire to connect...

Neutral wire is hot [ 5 Answers ]

My air conditioning quit working last night. The service man showed me that the current available to the unit was only 100 volts. He also said that the neutral wire was hot. He could not fix this because he's NOT an electrician. I'm not either but while I wait for the electrician to show up,...

Neutral wire is hot(has voltage potential like the black wire) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The problem started at midnight last week. One of my line in the basement is starting to have issue whenever I connect a water pump or appliances to the outlets. Before I plug the appliance in, the neutral is neutral(zero voltage), but when I plug the appliance in, the neutral is now...

View more questions Search