Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jforce Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Joint compound on Garage Walls
    The joint compound on my garage walls is peeling off. The walls are not insulated. Moisture has obviously gotten to it. When the house was built, the contractor applied a roll coat to all the walls and ceilings. Even the tape is coming off now.

Are there any tips for reapplying the joint compound and refinishing the walls in a way to prevent this from happening again in a few years?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Creating the Venetian Plaster Look with Joint Compound/Mud [ 2 Answers ]

I've noticed one problem when using mud to create the venetian plaster look; it shrinks as it dries, which creates very small/narrow cracks where walls meet and where the ceiling and walls meet. I know it's normal for the mud to shrink, but I'm curious how people go about taking care of the small...

Using taping mud (joint compound) to create a plaster look [ 4 Answers ]

I want to create a plaster look in my basement. Can I just use joint compound to create the swirled/raised look I want on my wall? Thanks

Compound interest [ 1 Answers ]

James wants to take out a loan. Suppose he can afford to make monthly payments of 100 dollars and the bank charges interest at an annual rate of 10 percent, compounded monthly. What is the maximum amount that James could afford to borrow if the loan is to be paid off eventually?

From Pouring Garage Pad to Construction of Garage [ 4 Answers ]

How long to you have to wait after pouring the cement garage pad before you can begin construction on the garage?

Joint compound weight [ 3 Answers ]

The containers for regular and lightweight joint compound have the same directions. Is there a reason to use one of them for any paerticular task? Any difference in their performance? Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.