Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yourcute21 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Taking a break
    My exboyfriend and I are on a break. I'm trying not to talk to him and waiting for him to come to me, but its been a week and he hasn't. I understand that he is really busy so maybe that's why. He said there is a possibility we could get back together in the summer which is a month away. How can I make that happen?
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

May 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
    You can't make it happen hun,it'll happen if he wants it to happen.

He wants you to sit around like an idiot for a month and wait for him because theirs a possibility you could get back together
    Are you mad?
    Doesn't sound very hopeful to me

He's not contacted you in a week not even a tex to ask if your OK? It takes under a minute to tex ''hi how are you'' and a second to send it, if he can't take under 1 minute to tex and ask how you are no matter how busy he is then why are you waiting round for him?

My boyfriend has just been promoted and he still finds time to call me or tex even if he's snowed under
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Your waiting on him and counting the days, don't. What happens if he tell you tell you he don't want to be with you any longer or if he does his actions are repeated? Maybe, you should take this time and focus on yourself. The guy I am currently dating has 2 jobs and still find time to call to say hi, even if the call is less than 5 minutes.

You need to find out out if you really want to be him and be prepare for the worst because it does not matter how busy someone is they would always find time for someone their interested in.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

May 4, 2008, 04:01 PM
    If you spend this time apart worrying over when he will call and when the break will be over, and so on, the break is going to develop a mess out of you.

You're going to become increasingly anxious and insecure, unless you take this time apart and think about what the best way to use your time really is. Otherwise, he's going to see that you are truly the puppy dog that can be put on hold, staying stagnant, unimproved and the same old comfy pair of shoes he's used to.

Wait? What? You don't want that! You want to continuously improve! Your life isn't about any guy! Yes, you're going to use this time, and you're going to use every second of it. Do you have plans with your girlfriends? Go do something fun! Hurry! Go for a jog - it won't only boost the endorphins, but it will definitely improve your physical. Have you heard about that new awesome book? It'll give you lots to talk about! AHHH! There's so much to do! GOSH! You're so busy! And wait... wait... uh... sorry whatever-his-face was... yes... you do think life's great with him, but surprise: life is great without him too!

You're the most attractive when you're stable, fun, healthy, and your spirit glows regardless of how dark it is outside. You need to make sure that you're not only "okay" with the man you love, but that you are "okay" without him too. Also, this plan will only make the break fly by that much faster, no? So it can't hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking a break [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal to not talk to your ex while on a break?

Taking a break. [ 5 Answers ]

What's up everybody, I'm 19yrs old.. heres the scoop... me and my fiancé of 2yrs.. shes going to be 21 soon.. have recently started to take a break. We have been living together for about 2yrs. Also. She said she wanted the break because she needed to help herself grow and needed time to better...

Taking a break [ 1 Answers ]

I am 5 and a half months pregnant and I wrote earlier about how my boyfriend and I constantly fight and we haven't seen each other much lately like 1 time in the past month and now he is telling me that we need sometime apart from being boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't think that will help. I...

Taking a break [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone just to let you know, so you don't wonder where I've gone, I'm taking a few days' break from the site. I injured my back and I am having trouble sitting for long periods. I was on for a little while yesterday and also today, but I'm even finding typing difficult after a few minutes. I...

View more questions Search