Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Palmfrond Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Growing chives
    Hi,

I am growing chives from seed.

Some are up to 3 inches tall, but as with the last time I tried to grow chives, they are falling over

Any ideas. Should I put in stakes to support them?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Do you presently have them in a seed starting mixture or in actual soil?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Are they actually falling over, or leaning toward the sunlight? They may need more sun.

May 4, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    are they actually falling over, or leaning toward the sunlight? They may need more sun.
    They seem to be almost falling over. They definitely have enough light - I live in the Middle East and they are indoors by a window which catches the morning sun. In fact, I was concerned there was too much sun
    Smees Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
    I grow chives outdoors here. They do begin to fall over quite quickly but when they get about 6 inches long I cut 'em off and they grow again. Chives are pretty hardy. The only thing I would suggest is making sure they're in a large pot, other than that, let 'em go.

May 4, 2008, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smees
    I grow chives outdoors here. They do begin to fall over quite quickly but when they get about 6 inches long I cut 'em off and they grow again. Chives are pretty hardy. The only thing I would suggest is making sure they're in a large pot, other than that, let 'em go.
    Right, I will try a bigger pot. They are in the little seed pots at the moment. Putting them outside might be a bit harsh but I may do half of them.

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growing apart [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I got married really young. We got married when I was nineteen. He is the only man that I have ever been with. Over the past couple of years I have become a different person. I have started to question everything including my marriage. I love my husband but do not think that I am in love...

Will I keep growing? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had my period for about a year and I wanted to know if I'm still growing. I'm 12. I heard that after I had my period I would have 2 years to grow but I'm not sure.

Am I growing? [ 33 Answers ]

Ok, here is the deal: I have been married for 11 years, I love my husband and my 4 kids. I am changing mentally, from what I used to believe to what I believe to day. My husband is a strong republican, so I was one too. I can't say that I disagree with him entirely, but my views on politics...

Growing up [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I am 13 years old and in the 7th grade. I have just started to have to shave my armipits and I have been shaving my legs for years. I have also just started sweating a lot to. Is that just part of growing up or is it that I need different deoderant now that I started to shave. I have had...

View more questions Search