Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
    I live in Canada too but the issue is it`s a weekend and only one is open till 3pm, we have 6 during the week that are open go figure. I never thought keeping track of the baby but I guess I have to, you know it`s funny everyone thought I was having a girl. I have added a link and you can see what my belly looks like I took this picture at 33 weeks.
    babystreek's profile I hope the link works if not let me know.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
    That's a good idea, that way you don't have to make the trip down there unless they think it's necessary. Even though I'm pretty sure you and baby are okay I'd feel better if you talked to someone with the word Doctor in front of their name.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davejag
    I live in Canada too but the issue is it`s a weekend and only one is open till 3pm, we have 6 during the week that are open go figure. I never thought keeping track of the baby but I guess I have to, you know it`s funny everyone thought I was having a girl. I have added a link and you can see what my belly looks like I took this picture at 33 weeks.
    babystreek's profile I hope the link works if not let me know.

It worked, and I'm still saying boy, hey I have a 50% chance of being right. :D

I'm going to go outside and chase my rugrats.

Keep us updated, l want to know if I was right. :)

May 3, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Yeah I guess I am sure it`s a boy
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:20 PM
    One more post and then I've got to run.

With my first child I knew it was a boy, I just knew, I painted his room blue, bought blue clothes, didn't even bother to pick out a girls name, I just knew in my gut that he was a boy, and yes, he was.

With my second I though it was a boy, I really did, I started to dig out the old baby clothes and toys and then one day I went shopping and saw this cute little pink outfit, I bought it. I got home and though, what the heck am I doing with a pink outfit, I'm having another boy. Hubby and I started to think about names, we couldn't agree on a boys name at all, only a girls name "Sydney".

I actually went in to labor on my due date, which doesn't happen often, and we still only had the girls name, I packed my hospital bag and instead of putting one of the numerous blue outfits in the bag, I put in the one and only pink one that I had bought. Want to guess what I had?

Sydney is waiting for me to come outside and play. Talk to you all later. :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    One more post and then I've got to run.

With my first child I knew it was a boy, I just knew, I painted his room blue, bought blue clothes, didn't even bother to pick out a girls name, I just knew in my gut that he was a boy, and yes, he was.

With my second I though it was a boy, I really did, I started to dig out the old baby clothes and toys and then one day I went shopping and saw this cute little pink outfit, I bought it. I got home and though, what the heck am I doing with a pink outfit, I'm having another boy. Hubby and I started to think about names, we couldn't agree on a boys name at all, only a girls name "Sydney".

I actually went in to labor on my due date, which doesn't happen often, and we still only had the girls name, I packed my hospital bag and instead of putting one of the numerous blue outfits in the bag, I put in the one and only pink one that I had bought. Wanna guess what I had?

Sydney is waiting for me to come outside and play. Talk to you all later. :)

That's a beautiful story. I want maternal instincts!!

May 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Wow you are good in telling what your going to have a boy or a girl. Well Im hoping all just have a healthy baby either way.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    That's a beautiful story. I want maternal instincts!!!
    They come with the territory, something tells me you already have maternal instincts. :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Wow you are good in telling what your gonna have a boy or a girl. Well Im hoping all just have a healthy baby either way.
    I think that means that you ARE going to have a boy!!
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Wow you are good in telling what your gonna have a boy or a girl. Well Im hoping all just have a healthy baby either way.
    I'm sure you will, and there's nothing like it. It truly is a miracle, even when they're older and being whiny and grumpy, they're still a miracle. :)

May 3, 2008, 07:41 PM
    I know everyone keeps saying enjoy the last few weeks of being pregnant, but you know what I can`t. I don`t sleep at night anymore every 30 minutes I am on the bathroom and I have the worst leg cramps along with not being able to sleep on either side. I know it sounds selfish I just really want to hold my little one, I have had three miscarriages in the past I just think this little one is a miracle.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:43 PM
    This far along in your pregnancy it is normal for the baby to just lie around a bit and wait. If you were to drink a glass of orange juice and lie down in a quiet room I'm sure you would feel the baby move a little here or there.

Fetal kick counts usually reveal about 10 movements per hour, particularly after drinking something like orange juice or coke.
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Leg cramps reveal to me that you do not have enough calcium or potassium in your diet. You need orange juice or milk to combat this.

May 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Hey J_9 congrats on graduating by the way must feel good, and thanks I will try drinking some coke and a quite room
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Oh honey, been there done that, wrote the book, really. I think I probably had 4 hours of actual sleep the last three weeks of my pregnancy. It's funny isn't it, when you first find out you're pregnant you are so worried about the pain of delivery, when you reach the end you're willing to rip your own arm off just to be done with it already.

You'll get there, before you know it you will be holding your baby in your arms, and then you'll blink and that baby will be going to school, blink again and baby will be walking down the aisle, blink and look, you have a grandchild. Trust me, your time is soon, even though it might feel like forever, it isn't, enjoy every kick, every hiccup, you'll miss it when you're done, I do. :)
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Leg cramps reveal to me that you do not have enough calcium or potassium in your diet. You need orange juice or milk to combat this.

Where were you when I needed you? I had terrible leg cramps, I didn't know that was a sign of low calcium or potassium, I thought it was because I'd gained 80 pounds with my pregnancy. Wow, you learn something new every day.
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Oh, jeeze I remember the last few weeks I was pregnant with my youngest. Was the most horrific time of my life. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel... and it isn't a train.

The day will be here soon enough. I promise.

May 3, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Oh honey, been there done that, wrote the book, really. I think I probably had 4 hours of actual sleep the last three weeks of my pregnancy. It's funny isn't it, when you first find out you're pregnant you are so worried about the pain of delivery, when you reach the end you're willing to rip your own arm off just to be done with it already.

You'll get there, before you know it you will be holding your baby in your arms, and then you'll blink and that baby will be going to school, blink again and baby will be walking down the aisle, blink and look, you have a grandchild. Trust me, your time is soon, even though it might feel like forever, it isn't, enjoy every kick, every hiccup, you'll miss it when you're done, I do. :)

I totally understand where you come from when you said "when you reach the end you're willing to rip your own arm off just to be done with it already."

I always said you know I was never going to be a women that complained, and wanted the baby out early I was going to just go with it. Let me tell you now I wake up talking to my belly and saying come today is the day we`re going to meet.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 08:08 PM
    I do remember that time, vividly! ;)

You're almost there. Remember when you first found out that you were pregnant, didn't three weeks just fly by? Well you only have three weeks left, although it could be longer so don't count on the three weeks as a specific date, it could also be sooner.

I once heard that 45% of babies are born 2 weeks before the due date, 45% of babies are born two weeks after the due date, and 10% are born on the due date. I don't know how accurate that is but that's what I've heard. Hope for the 45% two weeks before. ;)

Take this time to get ready for baby, take care of a few last minute things, get a manicure, or a massage. Complain of back aches and get hubby to run around doing things for you, that will end once baby comes, trust me. You are the queen right now sitting on your throne, the pregnant women who everyone will run around for and worship. Once baby comes you will be the lady who holds the cute little prince or princess, and it will be, "Oh, you want a glass of water, I'll hold the baby while you go get that." Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

May 3, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I am going to try to enjoy my last few weeks, the doctor told me last time I saw him he doesn't `t think the baby will be late its already dropped. It`s all up the little one which I am fine with really I know I sound like I am complaining.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

Just had baby 8 weeks ago, could I be pregnant again? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello there, Just had a quick question. I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I still haven't got my period yet, I did have sex 4 days ago and then again 3 days ago. Of course silly us we didn't use any protection. I started to bleed after having sex and I'm still bleeding now. Not really like a...

37 weeks and 4 days pregnant, don't want baby to get too big to deliver vaginally [ 9 Answers ]

Ok so I am almost 38 weeks, at 36 weeks my doctor told me that the baby had dropped, into the head down position and at that point was 6 lbs to 6 1/2 lbs already. She could actually feel the head, like where it was. And I was one CM dilated. At that time she told me that the baby is pretty big for...

Ex breaking 5 weeks of NC today has left me confused and unsure of what to do/say. [ 5 Answers ]

I've been posting a bit on the NC calender thread and reading a heap of other threads to try and gain an understanding of what to expect/what I'm going through at the moment. Basically I was in a relationship for 7 years with a girl who is awesome but it had just run its course. We both had...

31 weeks has baby dropped [ 3 Answers ]

Im 31 weeks this is my first child is it possible that the baby could have already dropped I've been feeling a lot of pressure down there whenever I walk and many kicks to the ribs what could this be? Is it possible that I could go into labour at 38 weeks

View more questions Search