Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KailaH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Theft 3 Degree
    All right first off I'll state I live in Alaska... I know the law verys by state. I was shopping with my (now x)boyfriends and he stole, but I was no part of it but sense I was there I got all the charges he got. Theft of 292.00 went to court and all that happened was fines and community service (withdrawn from the record if I stayed out of trouble for a year). Well we broke up and now Im taking it back to court a few weeks later which I was told was aloud so its not a big deal. I got caught stealing less then three hundred bucks worth of stuff theft in third degree... is it possible to have it withdrawn or expunged from the record if I admit to the court which is in another city for community service or what should I do..?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Hello:

It appears that you already plead guilty. You can't take back a guilty plea.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Ok, I am confused did you get caught again?

On the first time, if you stayed out of troubel for the year it will be off your record like ti never nappened, So there is no record as a first offender program.

If you got caught again, this will void that agreement and they will not have to delete any record.

As for as getting something explunged, you have to normaly wait about 8 years before you can ask for that.
    KailaH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Theft 3 Degree
    All right I know nobodys going to want to read a long story about someone getting into trouble but details are needed! So... here it goes. Back in August I was dating someone and he got caught concealing an item, I was an accomplist just being there even though I had recipts for all items I had... So we went to court got a deal with the judge that if we stay out of trouble for a year, pay $400.00 and do 54 hours community service its dismissed... still having the right to a speedy trail. Currently I got caught stealing at a store now I have to pay the store alone over $400 in restitution alone. Im trying to work something out with the police advised by a layer to me. The layer told me to plead innocent to the other offense and try to work something out with this offences. Is there any way of getting out of restition from the store? What should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2008, 05:37 AM
    You posted this once before and got comprehensive answers. Would appear that restitution was part of your sentence ("I have to pay the store ...") No way around it.

Posts should be combined.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 13, 2008, 05:38 AM
    >Threads merged<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Third degree theft, how serious? [ 30 Answers ]

So I got caught putting some cookies and a twinkie into my purse and walking out of the grocery store. During the paperwork during my arrest at the store, I admitted to taking the items intentionly. I did not mention that I am bulimic and did it out of compulsion. I heard that the punishment is a...

3rd degree felony grand theft with a vop [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find out information on what would be my best bet.the case is a bit complex but it is safe to say that the case was poorly represented and the evidence was week but I have two children that I'm raising on my own and they were my only concern at the time that I signed a conviction for...

3 degree theft and punishment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I live in miami, Florida I want to know what's the minimum and maximum punishment for a GRAND THEFT 3RD DEG FELONY in miami Florida My case is that I was convictec and plead no contest that means I am guilty of it but a got a second chance by doing a program to complete but I failed to...

Grand theft 3rd degree [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently charge with third degree grand theft in the United States, miami Florida. This is how the story goes, I got caught letting some friends take things from the store I was working in. The total cost was about $440. I was confronted by loss prevention and I admitted I let them get by...

View more questions Search