Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Running Away.
    How much trouble can you get in for running away'? What are the consequences of it? What will the cops do if they find u? Is there a chance you could go to juvie?
    TmichelleO Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
    You could possibly be put in juvie but it is mostly up to your parents when they find you... My advice don't run away it really isn't worth it becase when you get home I bet whatever problem you are having now will still be there and maybe be ten times worse... take it from someone who lived it

May 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
    What if you weren't found until after you turnd 18

May 2, 2008, 06:30 PM
    If you are 18 it doesn't matter you are considered an adult... but it isn't as easy as you think to hide... its not any of my business I know but if you would like to talk about why you are running away you can send me a message and I would also be happy to share my story with you... dont feel obligated I understand if you don't want to talk because when I was making this decision I didn't want to talk either but just in case you do...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 07:20 PM
    What is happening in your life, I have read about the issues with your boyfriend and his problems, then about some first time sexual experiences. Does this have to do with some of this.

Remember you will not be able to work legally, since if you use your ID and it is recorded for taxes they can find you. If you are with a adult and living with them, they can go to jail for harboring a run away

Often the first time they will send you to juv for the day or how long it takes you be transported back, and then it can be up to the parents if you go to boot camp, or juv for a while or if they let you come back home.

And running away is not ever an answer, first it shows you are not mature, and not willing to face your problems.

May 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Fr_Chuck is right I told you I ran away when I was younger and it was a complete waste of time... all it did was prolong me from dealing with my problems and it made them seem so much worse when I had to come back and face them all...
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy666
    How much trouble can u get in for running away'? what are the consequences of it? what will the cops do if they find u? is there a chance u could go to juvie?
    Trouble- very much and yes you could end up in juvie. You could be raped, forced into prostitution, have your throat slashed, killed, become a drug addict, or alcoholic, not know where you are going to stay warm, cool, dry, take a bath, eat, or perhaps even when you will eat. What is so bad to make you want to leave home like this?
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 5, 2008, 12:18 PM
    I tried running away once when I was fifteen. Didn't even last for 12 hours and I was found!

I thought I had it so bad, but honestly, I was just a spoiled little brat who hated discipline.
    Please don't take that as me coming out towards you-that is just how I was.

My parents were still together, and the next day, after all the hugging and crying, I thought "ha, I sure got them"... Nope, girl was I ever wrong.

My dad looked at me straight in the eye and said, "If you ever try to run away like that, we will put you in a home"-as in award me to the state.

You ever hear of Foster family stories or just facilities that the state keeps you in until your at legal age to be free? From what I understand, being award to the state or to a foster family is far much worse than being away from your family (in cases like yours-I've read your posts also). If you need further explanation on that, I'd be glad to give you some additional advice.

Just don't run away. Check all your resources before making a stupid decision like that. There ARE other resources.

Take care.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    trouble- very much and yes you could end up in juvie. You could be raped, forced into prostitution, have your throat slashed, killed, become a drug addict, or alcoholic, not know where you are going to stay warm, cool, dry, take a bath, eat, or perhaps even when you will eat. What is so bad to make you want to leave home like this?

If you read her other posts you'll figure it all out - you have to wonder where the parents are.

Or maybe they've just given up. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

And if you run away it's no big deal unless someone goes looking for you. Good possibility no one will know you're gone.
    sallyasdf Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Please don't run away. There is a whole world out there full of bad stuff. If it is your homelife then you could go stay with a friend or report it. People get put in jail for running away. It is not worth it. I will pray for you every night if you ever need any help message me. God bless.

May 6, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    If you read her other posts you'll figure it all out - you have to wonder where the parents are.

Or maybe they've just given up. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

And if you run away it's no big deal unless someone goes looking for you. Good possibility no one will know you're gone.

Ur right about there isn't ne parents there well kind of have right basically there isn't any parental supervision what's so ever basically I watch my 12 year old brother right away afterschool every week night because my mom goes to school full time in the mornigns then works full time at night and we barely see her on the weekends because she spends most of the weekend with her boyfriend and on the weekdays I only see her an hour each day
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 6, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Sounds like you running away might leave your brother completely unprotected.
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 12:00 AM
    This is what I gianed from the internet.. however I'm not 100% sure

# In Australia parents and guardians are usually legally responsible for the care of their children until the age of 18, but different people and cultures expect certain responsibilities at different ages.

# Teenagers and children under 18 who leave home are still the responsibility of their parents or guardians.

# There is no written law prohibiting a young person leaving home without parental consent.

# Usually a teenager's parent/guardian has legal guardianship, custody and control until they are 18 years of age.

# If a young person under 16 years of age, leaves home, the situation is considered more serious than a young person between 16 and 18 years of age. This is partly because it is usually more difficult for a young person under 16 to support themselves emotionally and financially.

# If a teenager, under 16 years, leaves home without their parent's consent and the parents feel their child may be in physical or moral danger they can go to Family and Children's Services for assistance. Each case is different, so a variety of methods, including mediation, counselling or family therapy, may be used to help seek a reconciliation within the family.

# If the parents don't know where their teenager is living, they may also contact their local police station and report the young person as a 'missing person', in which case the police will try and locate the young person.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Ur right about there isnt ne parents there well kinda have right basically there isnt any parental supervision whats so ever basicaly i watch my 12 year old brother right away afterschool every week night because my mom goes to school full time in the mornigns then works full time at night n we barely see her on the weekends because she spends most of the weekend with her bf n on the weekdays i only see her an hour each day

Is there no one you can talk to - grandparents, uncles, aunts? You should not be "raising" your 12 year old brother. Too much responsibility, too young. I know people have done it, have had to do it. The economy is bad and parents have to work too many hours but I think you are overwhelmed and need some relief.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Is there any chance of you and your brother going to live with relatives? It doesn't sound like your mom is taking this whole parenting thing very seriously.

Running away is not the answer, think of your future and your brothers as well, he doesn't deserve the situation you two are in either.

Good Luck.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 8, 2008, 10:27 AM
    How much trouble can u get in for running away'? what are the consequences of it? what will the cops do if they find u? is there a chance u could go to juvie?
    Running away is not a good idea.. I agree with the other posters on this page.

I ran away at 17 have never been back I am 59 now.. spent months homeless in St. Louis Fineally turned 18, got a job and enough money together to get a bus ticket out west. It was not fun and it was not exciting, it was very scary there are a lot of mean people out there and it is worse now than it was then. I preferred it to foster care. If you are 17 no one looks for you unless someone really pushes it, than if they don't find you after a while they stop looking and you are a poster on a wall.

If you run away and they find you they could put you in Foster care... that is worse than death you do not want to go there.

Also after a while no one looks for you.. and you are all on your own. You have no money, you have no food, no clothes and no place to sleep at night. You do not have enough education to find a job, your clothes are too horrible after a few days to go to a job interview even at McDonald's. You are totally alone in the world.. no one knows you exist... you do not exist.. people walk past you and they do not even see you.

Hungry, scared, totally alone!

Do not run away... it is not worth it.

Shirley

May 8, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Thank you for your advice
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 04:42 PM
    You would definitely get into trouble by your parents, just don't runaway from the cops. Just don't do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running away [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in love with an 18 year old boy and I'm 15, I want to be with him but my mom doesn't let me see him. I see him when I go to school . I told him I want to runaway with him he said he will try to get me out the so we can be together, plus I pregnant by him and my mom doesn't know that I am. ...

Running away [ 9 Answers ]

What happens when you runaway at 16? What can the law do to you in NC.. :confused:

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Running [ 1 Answers ]

Could I run fast enough on any planet to keep up with the sun??

What about running... [ 2 Answers ]

... ABS sewer pipe through or under a foundation? Any problems other than the work involved? What is the best way to seal the pipe if it goes through the foundation. Found some concrete compatible caulk at Home Depot... any good for this?

View more questions Search