Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Trying to figure myself out.
    I'm 16 and almost a junior in high school. I don't so much have a problem...
    But I have a tendency to be extremely shy around most people.
    It's sort of confusing.
    I have about 4 friends, eat lunch alone, don't talk to many people and if I do it will most likely be a guy because the girls here are stuck up and mean.
    I find myself to be kind of down occasionally, but I don't show it to others. I keep it inside.
    I sit at home on the weekends. Sometimes I might do some things here and there.
    My boyfriend and I recently broke up, I'm trying so hard to get over him,
    But I have a feeling that that's not the only reason why Im sometimes down,
    I don't know what else it is though.
    I'm normally a pretty happy person. Content for thr most part.
    I don't know what to do to get over my shyness.

ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Just venture out there. Push yourself to be uncomfortable. Maybe even join the debate club, where you have to do public speaking.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

May 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
    You're probably finding yourself sad occasionally because you have very limited interaction with other people. Humans crave other human touch, speak, even presence. Just talk to someone, anyone a boy a girl whoever will listen. WHo knows, maybe you'll hit it off and become buddies!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 06:02 PM
    What are you involved in after school? Any sports or clubs? If not, I would highly suggest joining one. They are a great way to gain new friends, new experiences. And guess what? When college time rolls around and colleges are looking at your application and see extra curricular activities they will smile from ear to ear.
    elllyne13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Being 16 is hard... being 20 is even harder.. especially if your mentally ill :)

But you should take these answers in.. They're pretty insightful

I've never made any friends... I always ate alone.. everyone never even came close to me
    It wasn't until I started talking and be more social that I started to make friends

One of my friends always like to say: "Don't let them come to you. Let you come to them."

:) It's natural for people to hold their feelings inside, especially when there's nowhere for them to go, and nobody to share them to.

Joining clubs is a good way to make friends. Try saying hi to everyone you meet. Maybe try looking for another loner at lunch. Even if all you can talk to are boys, it doesn't matter. What matters is you're talking. You're being social. You're expressing yourself to someone

Want to hear another one of my friends quote? :) :::::

"Friendship is made in many ways; some absurd, some normal, some naturally. But that all depends on one person: yourself."

:D
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
    High school kids, college kids are all trying to figure out who they are honey!

Don't be surprised if they are thinking for themselves all the time, you are probably like that in certain way. It's part of growing up, right now focus on school, let nature deal the rest of it!
    mnvtv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by volta-rewind
    I'm 16 and almost a junior in high school. I don't so much have a problem...
    but I have a tendency to be extremly shy around most people.
    It's sort of confusing.
    I have about 4 friends, eat lunch alone, don't talk to many people and if I do it will most likely be a guy because the girls here are stuck up and mean.
    I find myself to be kinda down occasionally, but I don't show it to others. I keep it inside.
    I sit at home on the weekends. sometimes I might do some things here and there.
    My boyfriend and I recently broke up, im trying so hard to get over him,
    but I have a feeling that thats not the only reason why Im sometimes down,
    I dont know what else it is though.
    I'm normally a pretty happy person. Content for thr most part.
    I dont know what to do to get over my shyness.

I suggest you forget about him you probable to good for him and i think ur a cool person .
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Tell yourself that he wasint good enough for you and forget him. I will think of a better response later
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

May 15, 2008, 09:22 AM
    You will find much better than him.

Trust meee girl.
    Well how do you dress?

The social life is harsh in high school these days,
    It is totally different.
    People make friends with you according to status and style.
    As retarted as that may sound.it is TRUUUUUE
    Join the drama class.then you are forced to put yourself out there.
    I did it, I LOVED it.
    And am now doing it for my 4th year.
    You really improve your ability
    To speak and present yourself a lot.
    Trust me, drama class is BEST.
    It's fun, and it helps.
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Hmm well I guess I could try it out. That does sound kind of interesting.
    I'm pretty different than a lot of other people that go here,
    I hate to label myself but if I had to I guess I would say that
    I dress kind of punk, you know?
    Hmm well actually not really.
    I don't even know.
    I have gauges, and wear tight pants, with a patch on them.
    But I can dress girly sometimes if I want to.
    And wear flip flops as well.

But not all the time, I have my own kind of style I guess you could say , you know?
    It's confusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure it out [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, for school we have some unproctored tests that we have to take. However, we HAVE to use Explorer, as the site does not work with FF apparently. These are patient-nurse scenario based programs and pop-ups must be turned off. Well, I HAVE turned off my pop-ups, but apparently I still can't...

I can't figure out what to try next [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Smith (cast iron boilers) oil furnace. Several of the parts are labeled Honeywell. I hadn't used it this year yet because of finances, then once I was able to get oil delivered I had to wait as there was water in cellar. Finally the oil supplier came and said the boiler and chimney base...

I can't figure it out. [ 16 Answers ]

What if you're in hell, and you're mad at someone, where do you tell them to go?

Trying to figure something out. [ 10 Answers ]

As you all know I'm a little brain dead when it comes to dating... hahaha... But I just got out of a really great/bad relationship I loved him, but he still loves his children's mother you know how that goes, but anyhow. My mother decided to play match maker with her friends son with me. So I...

I can't figure out who it's by! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

.:confused: I have been trying to figure out who this song is by and what it is called. It's a rock song sung by a guy really high pitched on the chorus and some of the lyrics are... "All I want, all I want is a little place of my own where I can rest my head." It's been on my mind forever, and...

View more questions Search