Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 11:28 AM
    House problems
    Help My wife left me 10 months ago and moved into a rental home. Left me with the house and three months of late bills including the house payment. I had to catch up on the house payment alone but all our bills have gone to collection agencies. Now she wants the house and me to move out. Both our names are on the title but she is not wanting to sign it over to me. What can I do?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. You've got two choices, as I see it: 1) tell her to drop dead, or 2) retain a good lawyer because you are entering the realm of legal advice.
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

May 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
    She'd have to take you to court for that, and refinance the house in her name, and if she can't get financing, or afford it... she'd be forced to sell it and give you part of the proceeds. Definitely check with a lawyer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joe9
    Help My wife left me 10 months ago and moved into a rental home. Left me with the house and three months of late bills including the house payment. I had to catch up on the house payment alone but all our bills have gone to collection agencies. Now she wants the house and me to move out. Both our names are on the title but she is not wanting to sign it over to me. What can i do?

File for divorce - now before it gets worse. It's not going to be what she wants, it's going to be what the Court decides.

Get legal advice before she runs up MORE bills because, depending on your State you MAY be responsible for all or part of her debts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat problems in 2 story house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old house that's heated with a heat pump. All of the heat pump equitment is in the attic instead of the basement. For some reason unknown to me they put the vents in the ceiling. So because of heat rising I have trouble keeping my downstairs warm. I played with the dampers but...

House Settling Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am unsure who to turn to with our home settling problem. The house is 22 yrs.old and we have lived here for 6 yrs. A couple of months ago we noticed we could no longer use the dead bolt on our back door. Now we have to use a lot of muscle to lift the door when we want to close it. We live in...

House problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been with my partner for 18 months now, and he got divorce 3 yrs ago , his name is still on her mortgage, and we have asked her to sort this out and to have his name taken off, now nothing as been done, and its like talking to a brickwall, another thing in his divorce settlement I...

Problems in house [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. Me and a buddy moved into a semi-detached townhouse about five months ago. Since then, we have both been getting sick very frequently. Mostly it's sinus and respiratory problems but we have also experienced flu-like symptoms a few times. We suspect it is because of the...

View more questions Search