Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pedigree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Massive disaster, need fix by Friday
    Okay, so here's the scoop. I used to have really nice light blonde hair, it was natural, and before I dyed it, everyone told me not too... I should have listened. First I dyed my hair a chocolate/ hazelnut colour, which I love, but when it started to grow out, I dyed it a 'deep golden brown' which turned out to be more reddish brown than golden brown.

Anyway, so it had been three months since I last dyed my hair, because I wanted to go back to blonde the natural way. The only problem was, my natural hair colour was so light that it kind of looked like I was balding.

I have a banquet this Friday that I really want to look nice for, which is the reason that last night I decided to dye my hair blonde. It looked really nice on the box, and my experienced friend told me not to bother with a strand test. I really wish I had bothered. Now my roots are a really yellow-ish blonde, and the rest of my hair is a bit more brownish than blondish, with a reddish tinge.

This morning, someone told me about this stuff called 'colour oops' I was hoping maybe it could help without me having to go to an expensive salon that I don't really have the money for, let alone time to book an appointment.

Please help me! :eek:
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Do you want to go back to your natural?

The reason your hair was light at the roots and darker on the ends was due to uneven application. When applying hair colour, you need to apply it first to the mid lengths, ends then the roots. The reason is the mid lengths is the most resistant. So therefore it needs more time to develop. The ends are second because they are porous. And the roots in the end because heat from the scalp helps speed up the colouring process.

If you want to go back to your natural then you will probably need to bleach it out. Using a colour remover will only remove artificial colour. And you might need to use it several times. After using a bleach/or colour remover your hair might look a tad bit brassy. You will need to buy a separate hair colour - one you'd like.
    When bleaching the hair, your hair will go through different colour stages. Don't be alarmed. It will just be stripping out all the colours. Leave it on till you get the desired lightness.

Your hair may be quite damaged also. This is down to all the colouring. Did you colour your hair recently? It needs a bit of a break.

You can try fix this at home, but then it is a tricky process. So if you can, try go to a salon to fix the problem.
    mzrota Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 09:23 PM

Hey

There is products out there which strip the colour completley out of your hair.
    and your natural colour will be back.
    just look after your hair as it could be farely damged. Use a product which will repair your hair.
    just don't go over board with products!

have fun =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Massive gland? [ 3 Answers ]

Every day my right gland gets bigger; it is massive now and I find it hard to swallow, it hurts when I swallow. I am 15 and female. Please help... is there anything I can do? Thank you!! XXX

One Night Stand. I have made a massive mistake! [ 51 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a real dilemma. I made the stupid mistake of having a one-night stand with a local girl. The girl in my opinion is a loser and is the kind of person that would want a child to fit in with her single mum friends. She doesn’t work, scrounges off the government and generally has little...

Massive Cuts For US Seniors [ 9 Answers ]

December 31, 2007 IIlegal Aliens Cause Massive Cuts For US Seniors URL's for verification of the following: 1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. FAIR: : Immigration and Welfare 2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as...

Can find no reason for massive water leak [ 3 Answers ]

I was away from my house for about 6 weeks and came home to a flooded basement. While I was gone the city turned my water off for excessive use (370,000 gallons in 30 days). Here is the problem, I turned the water back on and there is no water leaking. There is no sign of breaking, no sink faucets...

View more questions Search