Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Palmfrond Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Mould around the bath
    Hi,

I have black mould underneath the seal around the bath.

Any ideas of how to remove it?

Thanks
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 30, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Tilex works good to remove mold. What is the "seal" around your bath? You mean the caulk at the base of the tile / top of the tub?
    Palmfrond Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    Tilex works good to remove mold. What is the "seal" around your bath? You mean the caulk at the base of the tile / top of the tub?
    Thank you for the quick response. I live in the Middle East so not sure if we can find Tilex here. I will check.

And yes it is the sealant below tiles and above the bath
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 30, 2008, 06:50 AM
    I get mold there occasionally too, I have found wiping it with a towel after a bath or shower helps as the water just sits there.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 05:09 PM
    I think you will find bleach in the middle east just like here. Try a 1:1 ratio of bleach to water, allow to sit for 5 minutes before rinsing. Tilex is great because it does smeel as strong as straight bleach so I agree with amricca.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Makinga rubber or plastic mould for a body part [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to re-create a body panel out of plastic or rubber. What I have is a 76 Ventura front hearder panel (see picture) I have a Nova as a stock car , and the last one I put on, got smashed to bits. I now have a new one, and I would like to make a mould and some...

Leaking basement and mould [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Hope someone can help me. (though I have a feeling things are pretty BAD here) I bought my house a little over a year ago. The first winter the basement was relatively dry, though we did have some flooding due to a broken drainage pipe outside. There was an addition put on the home in...

Adding bath drain in concrete for existing half bath [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

Closet mould [ 1 Answers ]

When I go into any of the closets in my home to get something I find mould on the items that are in the closet. I have found mould on things such as clothing that is hung, purses that are on a shelf, etc. I don't know if this mould means that I need to go up into the attic and put down plastic...

View more questions Search