Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Don't understand the method
    Why did they use two diff method under "Capital Stock"? They used 'Authorized" shared for prefer and "Issued and Outstanding" for common stock. Why did they do that?

plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Apr 29, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Authorized stocks are the maximum number of shares of stock that a company can issue. And the issued/outstanding stock are the stock that they have given out to stockholders, which is no longer in their possession
    tonie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Thanks but I wasn't asking for the definition because I clearly understand what it means. What I don't understand is for "Preferred" why would they only calculate the authorized and for "common" they calculated authorized?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2008, 08:42 PM
    wording may throw you off. Concept is preferred have distinct differences; possible redepmtion rate, assumed yearly dividend rate (generllaly fixed); and preffered may have a redemption rate in x amount of years.as as such it clealy is a distinctive class, fiinancials appear treat the exanple correctly.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 09:09 PM
    They didn't use authorized for preferred, and issued and outstanding for common. They have authorized for both, and issued and outstanding for both. Look at your information again.

The only difference under the preferred section is the line about 8% cumulative and non-participating, and that has to do with the dividends, and for the sake of a balance sheet is just for information purposes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand? [ 9 Answers ]

Help Please! A few months ago my husband and I began trying to conceive. My cycle were always pretty normal before about 28-32 days. Now all of a sudden since we have been having unprotected sex they have completely flipped. They are only 20 days apart and not normal. Before I would start heavy and...

I don't understand him! Or me! [ 3 Answers ]

Since he's a shy guy it's quiet hard to understand him. 1. we aren't that close, because we don't talk much even if we do it's mostly me starting the conversation!. and I'm fed up about it! 2. he barely comes to my class to chat up with me or anything! 3. we rarely hang out after skul, because...

Absorption Costing Method and Marginal Costing Method [ 0 Answers ]

A company's normal capacity utilization is reckoned as 90%, it has a production capacity of 200000 units per year. Standard variable production cost and the variable selling cost are Rs. 11 and Rs. 3 per unit respectively. However the fixed cost and the fixed selling cost are rs. 360000 and Rs....

View more questions Search