Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janinereed Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Hair dye disaster
    Hi everyone,I've been dyed light blonde for years now so I wanted a change and wanted to go brunette. I've been using a hair dye that changes your hair by 1 shade only and everything was going fine,I hand lovely dark blonde hair. If id used the same shade just a few more times I would have been a brunette but my husband convinced me to get 1 shade darker then I was using and omg my hair looked so bad! It came out red with blonde and brown patches! I was crying all day! So I've been trying all the tips for fading it and it has faded quite a bit,everyone says it looks fine now but I'm becoming so obsessed over it that my hair is getting thinner and I'm sure its because I'm thinking about it every minute of the day. I've lost my apetite as well and I've lost 3lbs since Sunday! I was just wondering if in a few months time I could go to the hairdressers and get some highlights or would they go orange? Id probably try to fade it more over the next few months first though,I'm trying to get the reddish colour out and its turning more brown now. Any help will be appreciated:o)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 12:34 AM
    This really does sound like an issue for a hairstylist. Make sure to visit your local hairstylist, if for no other reason, to ask advice.

Have you tried the hot oil treatment for fading? It's also really good for the health of your hair.

Apr 29, 2008, 01:06 AM
    No I haven't tried that yet,that's my next option. So far I've tried washing up liquid and I've tried anti dandruff shampoo and its faded better then I thought it would and my hair looks OK when its up but I can't wear it down because it looks really bad. I probably will go to a salon just for some advice and to see if they could do anything,its just for now I really need it to fade!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 29, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Awww. I'm really sorry to hear to hear about your experience!
    If it making you quite upset you need to see a reputable stylist. Don't worry about your hair turning orange at the hairdressers, they know what they're doing. ;)
    In the mean time, try looking out for deep cleansing/clarifying shampoos. They will help too.
    Good luck!

Apr 29, 2008, 03:10 AM
    Thankyou:)
    Sammii Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Apr 29, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Head and shoulders repeatedly will get rid of colour in your hair
    Vision Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammii
    head and shoulders repeatedly will get rid of colour in your hair
    I've been told that by a hairstylist that head and shoulders is one of the worst shampoos anyone can use.
    Sammii Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Apr 29, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Well she wants to get rid of the colour? Head and shoulders is the thing to use!
    Vision Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammii
    well she wants to get rid of the colour? head and shoulders is the thing to use!
    I was just saying that it's not good for your hair, I wasn't saying that it wasn't effective to fading hair dye.

Apr 30, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Yeah I've been using head and shoulders and since I used it I've started losing my hair,my scalp is really bad but it did get rid of a lot of colour.
    Vision Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 11:14 AM
    I'd rather keep my hair an ugly color than lose my hair altogether.

May 1, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Yeah me to! I won't use head and shoulders ever again! Lol

May 7, 2008, 09:23 AM
    I've managed to fade my hair a lot! And now its more of a blondey ginger colour and I was wondering if I put an ash blonde on top would that work?
    mzrota Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 09:13 PM
    hello (:

have you considered stripping the colour from your hair?
    there are some products out there that can do this.
    get some hair treatments! Just in case your hair becomes damaged from all the dying.
    but the best thing to do would be to go to a salon.
    they will try their best and they know what they're doing.

u would suite being a brunette =]
    JenniFairy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    I'd rather keep my hair an ugly color than lose my hair altogether.
    I have used head and shoulders for many years and have had no problems. I have beautiful, long, healthy, uncolored hair (without dandruff!). I have heard it can be abrasive for colored treated hair or people with fine or dry hair. To each their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all I'm new and this is my first post and it's a desperate one! I've been having my hair highlighted blonde (using bleach) now for appreox 2 plus years, as my hair is getting lighter and too boring I decided I would like to have my own chestnut brown colour back to look more natural. My...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Hair disaster! [ 1 Answers ]

I HAD very pretty blondish brown hair with blonde highlights. But I made a stupid decision and wanted to go more brown, and I did it myself. I started with a light ash brown, it made my roots reddish and the rest of my hair blonde, I liked the blonde but I HATE red in my hair, my hair naturally...

Hair disaster [ 6 Answers ]

My hair was a blonde with a hint of red and I mistakenly dyed it a light ash brown. Now my hair is grayish, dark brown almost black in some parts. I can't afford to have my hair stripped and I need to fix this. It is horrendous. I wanted to go back to my natural brown hair color. I have heard...

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I sprayed my permed hair with coloured red hair spray last night for a halloween party. I've tried washing it out but it has turned cerise pink any ideas how 2 get it out?

View more questions Search