Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fimurphy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Early Menopause??
    Can anyone help me, I am 46yrs old, living in Spain, been having problems for 6months now with heavy periods, started in August last year, thought my insides were falling out! Big clots, this has now calmed down a lot, but periods now every 15 - 20 days, and much heavier.
    Have been to doctors here, difficult to translate into Spanish! They think it's the onset of menopause.
    Didn't give me any medication. Help!! :(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 19, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Fimurphy, the doctors are right. Changes in menstrual flow, including heavier periods, are common in women during the perimenopausal years. Maintaining or increasing exercise, increasing calcium and vitamin D intake, paying more attention to healthy eating guidelines, and taking relaxation training can all be beneficial. You can also call your doctor and ask him/her if there's anything they can give you to cope through it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

Early invitations... [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, first let me say that our wedding is FAR from traditional. Classy, but all our own. My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding. The guest list consists of 30-32 people, who all happen to be family or part of the bridal party. My initial thought was to send out invitations now. They...

Starting menopause+exhaustion? [ 5 Answers ]

I believe that I am starting menopause. I just turned 40 a couple of days ago, and have been feeling so tired that I can barely move. I went to the doctor for blood work and he didn't find anything wrong. But right now I can barely move. Any tips, foods, vitamins, something to get me moving?? ...

Is this the menopause starting [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi all, is there anyone out there who has experienced this. I have skipped a period. No problem at first, wey hey have they finished. Can't be pregnant as I have been sterilized for 16 years, but breast tenderness and nausea worried me so I thought I would try a pregnancy test... negative as I...

Pre-Menopause: What to Say to Her [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a stable relationship for the last 6 years, my girlfriend is 40, I'm 38. She appears to be entering a pre-menopausal state where her periods become irregular and she has erratic mood shifts and loss of sex drive. Naturally enough it is dominating her mind now, she fears losing her...

View more questions Search