Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Oven Wiring?
    So, I have a little wiring issue...
    I reached a snag when I came to install my wall oven,
    I am using a three wire system and when I looked at the installation guide it suggested that I should have black, white and red wires.
    I only have two black and one white...
    Where do I go from here?
    I checked the breaker box and didn't really know what I was looking at, aside from the white being wired directly into the ground bus; the blacks enter the breaker at opposite sides.
    Apparently I should be color coding the wires together, and I'm kind of stumped on the red-black vs' black-black deal.
    Please someone advise.
    Home-handy-guy Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
    U probably need an electrcian, blk and what means 120 volt power for an oven you need 240 volt for sure
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2008, 03:50 PM
    OK, I know it's 220-240, that's why I am unsure.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Apr 24, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I usually hate to tell people that they can't do something themselves, but this time I think I will recommend an electrician. If you don't have test equipment and KNOW how to use it to trace things, you should call a professional. Electricity isn't very forgiving of mistakes, even honest ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open my oven my locked oven door [ 3 Answers ]

How can I open my locked oven door?

Wiring a new 220V oven [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. I am no electrician by any terms. But I have recently bought a new oven and I need help figuring out the wiring. The oven has 4 wires coming out of it. Black, white, red, and 1 bare solid copper wire. Now, The wiring to connect it to only has 3 wires. Black, white, and a solid bare...

Wiring new range/oven to smaller wires [ 1 Answers ]

We have an old wall oven and cook top, circa 1950's in our home. I want to know, is it okay to wire my new freestanding oven/range using 8/3 wire to the existing 10/3 wiring in the wall on the existing 40 amp breaker. Will it trip the breaker if I cook using the oven and the range or will it melt...

Microwave oven [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore built in microwave just stopped working. Nothing works, no lights sounds or keypad response. There is power to the outlet but nothing to the microwave. I've heard there is a fuse that might be blown but don't see anyway to access the inside of the unit without taking it off the wall....

View more questions Search