Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taijha9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Can you have a period and still be pregnant
    Hello I just had my period on 4/4/08 and I just got it again on 4/22/08 and that's not normal for me. I did spot lightly a few days before I really started to bleed and just for a second I thought OK what's going on. I called my doctor and she told me to go out and take a pregnancy test because I might be pregnant. Which isn't a bad thing because I want to be and me and my other half have been trying for some time now, but the thing is I find it hard to believe that I would be having a full period again.

I just want to know if the myth is true. My sister says that she had her period for 3 months when she was pregnant with my nephew, but you can't always go by what people say, and I really don't want to go out and buy a test just to be let down, so here I am seeking info from another source.

So is this possible?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
    It's possible, it happens... not as often as we think, but some women do bleed early on in pregnancy.

When you take the test be sure to use first morning urine.
    bensmom Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
    When I was pregnant with my son I had spot bleeding the second month it was brown and old blood, usually red blood isn't good and is a sign of a period or miscarriage however several years ago I met a lady at my doctors office who didn't find out she was pregnant until she was about 7 months she bled each month, people would ask her is she was pregnant and she would get offended and say no, thinking she was just gaining weight, she finally went to the doctors and the doctors did confirm that indeed she was, take a home pregnancy test and you will find out really quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Pregnant No Period [ 12 Answers ]

I am kind of worried. I am already 31 days late and no period. My last period was 61 days ago. I tood 2 PT but Negative and went to the doct and the blood test came out negative. So I guess I'm not pregnant but no period. I was wondering what could be wrong with me. Is there something natural I can...

Can I still be pregnant if I got my period? [ 6 Answers ]

Before I got my period last week I really felt like I was pregnant and was pretty surprised To have gotten my period. Now, my period is done but the swollen breasts remain,along with extreme fatigue, abdominal cramping, stomach tightening, nausea and dizziness. I have not been on any birth...

Getting pregnant while having your period? [ 9 Answers ]

OK I was reading this article online about women getting pregnant during their periods. They say that it is very possible for a woman to get pregnant if she has sex during her period. I'm a little bit skeptical, I was wondering if anyone agrees with this because I think its bull.:confused:

Period and pregnant... why? [ 3 Answers ]

Why do some women have a period while pregnant?

Pregnant but getting period? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a girl who was 3 months pregnant before finding out she was actually pregnant. She didn't know sooner because she claims that she was still getting her period for the first 2 months... how often does this happen?

View more questions Search