Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SexyRiotLady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Rattling noise in heating ducts
    After I have turned the heater on and it warms up and the air starts to flow through the ducts there is an aweful rattling noise coming from the ducts. There is warm air coming out. Is something loose or do I need to call out a professional. Thank you, Mimi
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 16, 2006, 05:46 PM
    Fan may be out-of-balance if the noise sounds like it is coming from the furnace and not the ducts. If so, you'll need to have it adjusted. Call a heating pro.
    Heavy dirt built up on the fins of the blower can cause the fan to be out-of-balance.
    If that's not the problem the heating should be able to pin point the rattle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ducts too big? [ 2 Answers ]

I am setting up some HVAC Zones in my home. I bought the motorized dampers and the bypass dampers. I did not take a scientific approach and just guessed at the size of the ducts/dampers based on what was there. That is if the "zone" had one sized, I added a "feeder" duct 2-3 inches bigger. Now I am...

Noisy return ducts [ 1 Answers ]

The wall separating 2 bedrooms on the second floor of the house contains a return air duct. Recently when someone walks near the wall, there is a banging noise coming from the wall. And several hours later, even though no one is upstairs, we hear banging noises again. Do you think the duct is...

GEO Prizm 1997 - rattling when clutch not depressed. [ 1 Answers ]

GEO Prizm 1997 - rattling when clutch not depressed. In other words, the noise seems to come from below the motor / engine. It is mostly apparent when, while idling, I do not have the clutch depressed. When I press down and hold the clutch in place the noise (from the perspective of listening...

Hanging flex ducts [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding 2 rooms to my home. I have a forced air AC/Gas Furnace system that uses flexible ducts. They are lying on top of my joists and insulation. I read somewhere that they should be hung up. Should I do my 2 new rooms hung up? Why?

Cleaning AC Ducts... [ 0 Answers ]

I had my air ducts cleaned out professionally 4 years ago when I bought my house. I watched the guy clean it with a rotating brush (about 4 inches diameter) hooked up to a vacumn cleaner. It was maybe about 10-15 feet long and he pushed it up in to each vent. Has anyone attempted to try and...

View more questions Search