Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilia1961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 07:26 PM
    How to install a single handle shower faucet
    My shower has separate hot and cold water, I want to install one single handle. Do I need to do anything with the plumbing?
    kolenovic Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Just buy the single handed shower body but it isn't easy to install you would need a plumber or a friend that knows plumbing.and if it is inside the wall then you will have to do tile work
    SC-tbfd Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Seems to me that tile work or a new surround would be needed anyway. The single handle won't cover the holes that the old handles used to come through.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Hi All:

Hey Emilia... to change from two handle to single handle, can work from front of shower OR from behind shower in a closet (access panel or can create one).

There is quite a bit too it, actually.

Will need single handle shower valve and then what some call a GOOF plate (or transition plate) to cover old holes from the two handle valve.

Actually looks real nice when done (see pic.).

Let us know if need any more info. Are you planning to try to do this..

Mark
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Here's another remodel plate by Moen. (see image) If you're planning on installing this by yourself one of us can walk you through it if you wish. Regards, Tom
    powerbar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Mark,

Can you tell me what the manufacturer is for that single handle with the goof is that you have an image of on your last post? And the model number if you happen to have it. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

Install Single Lever Shower Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.

View more questions Search