Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twisted willow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Whirlpool Dryer sets code E1 and shuts down
    I have a Whirlpool Calipso Dryer, when I dry clothes it will set a code E1 and shuts down. I was told that the thermostat was bad so I replaced it (part #3390291). This did not solve the problem. I have removed the lower front cover so that I could watch the element while the dryer ran. The element does not seem to go on and off even on a low temperature setting. It stays on all of the time so it must over heat which I think is what sets the code. Could someone tell me what the problem could be.:confused:
    twisted willow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 07:38 PM
    I am not sure how to amend my question but here goes. I have some additional information to add. First, the dryer is a Whirlpool Gold Senseon Dryer. I have also found that it will shut down when running "air only" cycle so I figure this rules out anything to do with the heating element or thermostat (which has already been replaced). The funny thing is that I can restart the dryer immediately after the code "E1" is displayed. I have checked the electrical connection (pigtail) and the plug and both seem to be fine. Can anyone give me any clues as to what else I should check.
    Thanks in advance for any help anyone has.
    Mich5286 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

What did you ever find out about this problem? I am having the same issue. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer Shuts Off [ 12 Answers ]

Why is the dryer shutting off after about 5 minutes? There is no lint, it is vented correctly, can see heat exhausting... what gives:(

Error code E1 Whirlpool Senseon Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer keeps shutting off and I get an error code where the time remaining usually is that flashes E1. The only thing the manual says is to contact a repairman. I called someone a friend recommended and he cleaned it out but really didn't know anything else to do? Any help would be appreciated

Whirlpool Dryer shuts off [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer runs and heats up but shuts off aftera few minutes. Can restart it with same results.Whats wrong? Model ler5434awo

Error code on Whirlpool [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool washer is giving the message sr? The product book says i should automatically call for service! It is less than a year old - is it going to be worth it?

Whirlpool Dryer Shuts Down [ 3 Answers ]

Whirlpool Propane Dryer (Thin Twin) LTG5243BWO stops drying and shuts off after 11 minutes of a Timed Dry cycle. The lower Washer unit works 100%. We would load dryer, set cycle, and hit the start button... After a series of test runs we see: Dryer runs for 11 minutes and shuts off. It takes...

View more questions Search