Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 17, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Cervical position
    I have a three month old and since we've started having intercourse again we have used a condom and spermicide strips as well as checking cervical position. I've had two cycles since my son was born (that's his picture above, isn't he cute?) and they were 32 d ays apart which was what my cycle was like before I got pregnant. So my cervix has been low soft and open for seven days, I am late and have lots of cm. I have taken a pregnancy test a few days ago, it was negative... I'm not asking if I'm pregnant, I just want to know why my cervix would be low soft and open for so long?? It was low sogt and open two days before my period would come my last two cycles, but it's been like this for seven day. Any idea why it's like that for this long?
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Never heard of checking cervical position... weird...
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Apr 17, 2008, 06:37 PM
    I'm not sure why your cervix is still open it should have closed after week 6 or so postpartum. But be very very careful about having intercourse when your cervix is open!

Apr 17, 2008, 07:02 PM
    I know your cervix opens during ovulation and when your period is about to start. I've already ovulated this month and my period is yet to start. It's been closed the rest of my cycle, then the week right after ovulation it closed, but then last week it opened up for me to start but it just never started. I googled it and got two answers: one is that my period was supposed to happen, and the other answer is that it could be pregnancy. I thought maybe someone might know the right answer on here. Thanks for answering ladies

Apr 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
    No no no your cervix opening doesn't mean you're pregnant, your cervix doesn't open until a few weeks before you deliver. I too, have never heard of checking your cervix, just do it the old fashioned way, make sure you are protected

Apr 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Before I got pregnant, we were doing the cervix checking and when I was supposed to start, my cervix was low soft and open and then on the day it was supposed to start, it rose up got rock hard and was closed. So it was open for the first couple of weeks when I was pregnant.

Apr 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
    I think you should make an appt with your gyno because if that is true then my IUD would fall out every time I got on my cycle... LOL!

Apr 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
    And, yes, your son is ADORABLE!

Apr 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
    It doesn't get widely open, just a tiny bit. Well I guess every women's cervix is different so I guess there is no way to tell. Thanks for taking the time for answering. And thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cervical mucus [ 7 Answers ]

My hubby and I have been trying to conceive since June. I have pretty regular cycles (27-30 days) and have been using the CBEF Monitor. I also check my cervical mucus. My LMP was Oct-13-17. My monitor detected peak days on October 24 and 25. However, during my o week, I was irritated down...

Cervical cancer [ 6 Answers ]

What is the most effective alternative treatment for recurrant cervical cancer? Pam

Cervical Cancer [ 12 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for the past year, well after I had my little girl, which she will soon be 2... I just went to the doctor about a month ago, and found out that I had cervical cancer, now I am scheduled to go in and do a coloposcy, I think I spelled it right... Im very very nervous, because...

Cervical cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told by my doctor that I may have cervical cancer. They are going to check me with a scope next week and then do a biopsy after I have the baby. Will the baby be okay? Has anyone else had this problem. Oh, and I am 22 if that matters.

Cervical cancer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get cervical cancer post partial hysterectomy? I still have my cervix

View more questions Search