Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyface08 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Could I still be pregnant?
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?
    ArielR Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Apr 15, 2008, 01:34 PM
    It's possible. I suggest waiting a few days and if your period doesn't return by then, take another pregnancy test. It's always a good idea to take more than one pregnancy test anyway, since they're not 100%. :) Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 02:24 PM
    It is possible, I really can't tell you yes or no at this point, you are only one day late. One day, in the medical community, does not even constitute late.

I would wait another few days to test again, and when you do, make sure you use first morning urine.
    prican087 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
    In the pregnancy world, being a day late is really not all that uncommon. Some times a woman's cycle could be a little bit off. I would wait at least a week before you take another HPT. Hope you get the answer you want!
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babyface08
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?
    Eat lots of lettuce if your not - my boss said she was having problems getting pregnant and she went to a doctor who told her she wasn't getting enough foliate and to get home and eat a whole lettuce - she was pregnant in 3months

Plus don't forget it can take a while for some people. If your not give it at least another 6months before you go to a doctor about it or anything.

You should take 2 tests each time because they can be wrong.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 08:33 PM
    startover22 agrees: Good advice, I never knew you should take it early in the morning. Thanks for the new info!
    this is because urine is usually most concentrated then, unless you are getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom... and since tests have concentration thresholds under which they might report a negative when you might be positive, best to take the test when hormones are most concentrated...

KateBell88 : Eat lots of lettuce if your not - my boss said she was having problems getting pregnant and she went to a doctor who told her she wasn't getting enough foliate and to get home and eat a whole lettuce
    or you can take folic acid supplements, something that's not a bad idea if you are trying to get pregnant. Lord knows my wife would have barfed nightly if she had to eat a head of lettuce. =) hates the stuff.

folate/folic acid is essential for helping reduce birth defects... if you do get pregnant, having it in your system is the best course of action, since some may not know for weeks that they are.

and I've just read recently about it being tied to "proper" ovulation... something i hadn't known before. The push had always been for reducing neural tube defects, but now seems to be tied also to fertility as well.

Apr 19, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Thank you all for your words of knowledge, however I still haven't seen my period it has been over a week now and I am really concerned. Usually I am on time, no problems. Recently I have been urinating a lot more, I'm back and forth to the bathroom in the middle of the night but I don't have any other signs of pregnancy. I have done two more pregnancy tests one in the early morning and the other in the evening and they still show "NEGATIVE". I will give it a few more days and if it doesn't come I will arrange to get a blood test done. But I am trying to stay Positive; having a baby wouldn't be so bad. I will keep you all updated.

8tr :o

May 7, 2008, 02:17 AM
    The verdict is NOT PREGNANT!! Period came today; a whole month later, I guess I was stressing too much and that is why I missed my period. Thanks for the support guys.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the update. Always good to see how things turn out. Many times people disappear after the initial postings.

Only thing I'm unsure of is your position... your OP says you are trying to get pregnant... your next post says "it wouldnt be so bad"... and your latest seems to show relief.

So... are you honestly ready to be pregnant? Just up and down with the anticipation and anxiety that comes with wanting and going through "am i? am i not?" over and over? Certainly knowing one way or the other is a relief in that you know reality.

No judgement here... just curious about what you are thinking...

May 7, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Sorry if I might sound a little confused, I am definitely trying!! And definitely want a child. I was very excited when I thought I was, but I was trying not to get too too excited just in case it was a false alarm which it was. So that's my status. I am disappointed of course, but I will no give up hope. I am going to try again, so if you have any tips or advice, please let me know. :) Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Can you get pregnant this way? [ 9 Answers ]

Hiya. My friend whom I've very concerned for wants to get pregnant, and she takes the sperm out of the condom of her encounters... and she puts it in her vagina with like a little eye dropper or medicine thingy.. anyway is it even possible to get pregnant that way. I mean sometimes she does it...

Could I be Pregnant ? [ 15 Answers ]

I am just wondering if I could possible be pregnant! Lately my breast have been sore ( my breast are NEVER sore before my period), I have been pretty sleepy too, Ive also been getting headaches everyday when I rarely ever had them. I started cramping and I got my period early this morning but...

Not sure if I'm pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I started my period about 4 weeks ago but it wasn't normal from the beginning, I'm normally very heavy for 5 days and then it stops on the 6th day. I've been very light and would stop and then start spotting and that's what I have been doing for awhile. I was beginning to think I'm pregnant and I...

View more questions Search