Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rabunk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
    My hair is too dark What can I do myself
    I had my colored and a few highlites. My hair turned out too black how can I fix this with out hurting my highlites?
    condodwellerk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Anything you do yourself at home can very easily leave you with even more problems. Pulling color out of hair is tricky business and usually leaves hair brassy and damaged. If paying top dollar at a reputable salon is not in your budget, then find a Sally Beauty Supply and buy a box (two if you have a lot of hair) of Colorfix by Jheri Redding. Use according to directions. You will probably need to apply heat, which is difficult without an overhead dryer like in a salon. Maybe just put the plastic cap on and evenly go over it with your blow dryer. Repeat applications until your hair has lightened up to where you want it. I am a hairstylist and use a different brand of professional color remover, so it has been a while since I used the Jheri Redding one. But if I remember the directions right you will also need to buy some 10 volume peroxide to use for the neutralizing part. Look at the directions before you leave the store to make sure. This product only works on the artificial color molecules, so you will probably be OK with the results because it is not a bleach. But you still may need to put a color toner over it once you get enough darkness out. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

I want to go from dark brown back to dark blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dark blonde. My current hair color is dark reddish brown, and I had it dyed at a salon with semi-permanent color. Every time I've had my hair dyed, which is only about 5 times, it has brought a reddish tone out. What would be the best products for me to use at home to...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

View more questions Search