Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanghui36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
    F1 VISA, what tax forms should me filled?
    I am in F1 visa status, and I worked on campus last 2007, and earned around $10,000 totally, what tax forms should I filled? Thanks a lot!
    The Texas Tax Expert Posts: 310, Reputation: 7

Apr 11, 2008, 07:50 PM
    How long have you been in the US? If not more than 5 year, then you will file a 1040NR. You must also file form 8843.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 10:12 PM
    On your nonresident tax return you will get your exemption of $3400 and deduction as per tax treaty between the U.S. and your country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forms for NRA with J1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My spouse and I are both NRAs in the US on a J1 visa. We are going to file separately. We both have wages from an employer. But I have additional income as an independent contractor. What forms does each of us has to file? Can we claim a child Tax credit as NRA? If yes, do we have to claim...

Tax Forms for L1B visa in CA [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US in California state on L1B visa on 7th Oct 2007 and my wife moved in here after a week. Now for filing return for 2007, what all forms I need to fill. My company has given me the W2 form, which has all the details about the taxes and wages paid. As per my understanding, I...

F1 Visa / Need help to fill tax forms [ 7 Answers ]

Hello All , I am currently pursuing my MS , I am also workign as a Graduate Research Assistant at the same place. My university has given me W2 form that has Federal and State Taxes withheld. I am an Indian. I have filled in Form 1040A to claim State Tax refund for Ames. ( nt submitted thg ) ...

Forms needed for J-1 and E-2 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, Until November I have made an internship in the US (South Carolina) with a J1 visa. In December I have changed to an E-2 working visa. Which documents do I need to fill out for taxes? Thanks a lot!

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search