Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2008, 12:12 AM
    Sunscreen is Harmful I Dangerous I Toxic?
    I've been researching about this lately & these are what I found.. I recommend you to check out the first 2 links.

Sunscreen Summary - What Works & What's Safe

Sunscreen Not So Good For The Skin

Is Your Sunscreen More Dangerous Than The Sun?

Behind The Label - Suncream

Sunblock Does Not Stop Skin Cancer.

Can Sunscreen Be Dangerous For Our Skin?

The Sunscreen Myth: How Sunscreen Products Actually Promote Cancer

I also found out that Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock is one of the worst! You can check here..
    You can find best sunscreen list here..

After a lot of researches, I found out that the safest sunscreen available is Sunbrero Suncream SPF 40. They are free from titanium dioxide, PABA, oxybenzone & other nasty chemicals.
    Thus, I'm thinking of ditching my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer and buying Sunbrero Suncream.

What do you guys think?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:14 AM
    I think you are very smart for researching something that you use so often. And I thank you for the informative links!
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Hi
    I looked quickly to the links but will read it carefully tonight
    Thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
    Do u know is Sunbrero Suncream is also good against UVA?
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneze
    hi
    thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
    do u know is Sunbrero Suncream is also good against UVA?
    Yes it does. Here is a link. Sunbrero,sun cream,sun block,SPF40, - Sun Care Range - Sunbrero - Toxin Free Beauty Products | No Toxin Skin Anti Aging | Alternative Health Products | Toxins Free Natural Hair Care
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 01:29 AM
    Thanks Chihuahua for the link
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 01:32 AM
    You are welcome.

Apr 10, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I think you are very smart for researching something that you use so often. And I thank you for the informative links!
    Ohh, thanks ChihuahuaMomma! I'm a curious type of person. Researching information is like my habit. Search engines are my best friend (especially Google). :)

Quote Originally Posted by shaneze
    hi
    thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
    do u know is Sunbrero Suncream is also good against UVA?
    You're welcome. :p
    More info..
    Neways suncare - Save £££'s & be Safe this Summer

I've also added a comic I found on NaturalNews.com. Enjoy!
    janice589 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I use Badger SPF 30 sunscreen: their products are for badgers only:p
    bkouder961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
    All right, where to start. I am a licensed Esthetician, and also a very natural, organic person. Needless to say, I don't really believe in many sunblocks. They can be harmful and carcinogenic. Honestly, if you are naturally pale, you prob. Shouldn't be laying out in the sun anyway, but who is going to do that? Lol.

My recommendation is that you find a PHYSICAL sunblock. That means pure (titanium and zinc oxides are the best) sunblock.

The line 'Cosmedix' has some excellent ones- such as 'Reflect'

You can def. find a lot by researching and such.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Apr 24, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Don't believe the hype--protect your skin, using sunscreen/sunblock if you're in the hot sun for extended periods.

Just make sure you research the specific brands and their ingredients.
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 24, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Maybe this will clear this wrong notion about Titanium Dioxide (a main ingredient for Suncreens and Sunblock. Please read carefully.
    Don't believe just because someone says so, it has to be based in studies and clinical trials which this report below has just done that:

natural organic make-up - Titanium Dioxide: Toxic or Safe?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlush
    I've been researching about this lately & these are what I found.. I recommend you to check out the first 2 links.

I also found out that Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock is one of the worst! You can check here..

After a lot of researches, I found out that the safest sunscreen available is Sunbrero Suncream SPF 40. They are free from titanium dioxide, PABA, oxybenzone & other nasty chemicals.
    Thus, I'm thinking of ditching my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer and buying Sunbrero Suncream.

What do you guys think?
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 24, 2008, 01:22 PM
    That's why it's a MYTH! No Basis whatsoever!

May 3, 2008, 04:12 AM
    This is SO confusing! Some say it's dangerous some say it's not.

Dangers of titanium dioxide - More bad news about toothpaste?
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

May 3, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Its obvious that this is Promoting Sombrero Sunblock. FYI, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc oxide are the prime ingredients of Sunblock.
    Lets face it, everything that we use on our daily life contains chemicals that may or may not be harmful to our health. IF you are too concern about this, then just go natural or Organic, then again, you can never be sure at this day and age that it is indeed organic.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlush

What do you guys think?

May 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen
    Its obvious that this is Promoting Sombrero Sunblock. FYI, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc oxide are the prime ingredients of Sunblock.
    Lets face it, everything that we use on our daily life contains chemicals that may or may not be harmful to our health. IF you are too concern about this, then jsut go natural or Organic, then again, you can never be sure at this day and age that it is indeed organic.
    I completely agree. Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola has a ton of articles about this whole organic business like "Be Wary of Organic Fraud" and "Not All Natural Beauty Products Are Natural," and there are entire websites devoted to this like Coming Clean: Campaigning for Organic Integrity in Bodycare Products.

Read on if you're a health nut like me. :)

May 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
    This article says that titanium can be absorbed and is "a potential occupational carcinogen," whatever that means. I got this from the same site as above.

"Absorbing Titanium from Sunscreens"
    Absorbing Titanium from Sunscreens - Articles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best sunscreen to prevent tanning [ 12 Answers ]

All this talk about skin lightening but one very important step is sunblock/sunscreen. Anyone tried any that stopped them from darkening in the sun? What is the best? I get through with lightening and use neutrogena dry touch spf 30 and I still get dark, so its like Im wasting my time. Anyone...

Toxic shame [ 13 Answers ]

What do you know about Toxic shame? This is a little I have read about it,how does this affect what we do as addicts? Addicts often carry a lot of shame which should not be theirs. Dealing with shame and absolving oneself of blame are important steps. When a child grows up with people who...

Sunblock/Sunscreen/Day cream with SPF [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, is it same using a day cream with SPF 15 or sunblock/sunscreen with same SPF? I am a bit lazy so I was planing to use just day cream with SPF in it than to use any other product and then sunblock,, do u guys have something to tell me... thanx :)

Unnecessary sunscreen [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot understanhd for the life of me why it is so necessary that I must wear sunscreen nearly everyday in order to "keep from re-darkening". I am a student who leaves my home at 7 am when the sun is not very well in sight and I spend my days in a school building where sunlight is not directly...

View more questions Search