Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeff Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Interest on Restitution
    I have paid my restitution in full. I had a court review and the DA wants to charge me interest. At the time of my plea interest was included in the deal, but today she said that the plea deal is unclear and interest should be charged.

If the DA is successful in getting this interest added, can I request a new monthly payment. I no longer have the resources to pay the monthly amount that was originally agree upon as I have used all of my savings to get this restitution taken care of.

Please help!:(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
    You can ask anything but if they don't agree to a different amount you'll just have to come up with the money somehow. If you are still on probation, you could ask that your probation be extended allowing you to pay off the interest owed at a lesser amount per month than what you were originally paying. It's worth a try to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution Orders [ 1 Answers ]

The day I was sentenced, I met with the "probation collection officer" and a monthly payment plan was set up to repay my restitution. Two weeks later I met with the probation officer that I will be reporting to. She requested that I bring in financial records so she could determine if any assets...

Robbery Victims restitution [ 3 Answers ]

We were robbed over a year ago. The courts gave the perpetrators probation and they were ordered to each pay their share of the restitution. We have only received one small check from one of the young men. What are our rights, and didn't the sentence mean anything?? We were told that we could not...

Need to make restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I could use some legal advice. First I have not been arrested or any charges filed. I would like to keep it that way. I need to make restitution of$2769 soon but I do not have it. I have been trying to get a loan and I was so desperate I tried securing a loan but was ripped off. I even researched...

Restitution [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was charged with theft, stealing from a department store. The case is nearly finished and now they are saying he owes restitution for the items he tried to steal. He thinks that he shouldn't have to pay for the items since they never left the store and the store would have been able to...

View more questions Search